My weather forcast plus a big "whew"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
JB was hit by an IED today...just called via satellite and reminded me about the new "factory armored" Hum-V that he got yesterday. he says it saved them he thinks.

wow, that's spooky. I was just reading an article yesterday online from Newsweek or something about IEDs. Glad to hear he's ok.

catherine96821:
Well, I think the rain is over for Oahu. I know they say more is coming, but I don't believe it.

Maybe you spoke too soon - it was raining while I was driving in this morning. I hope it holds off for at least part of today and tomorrow - I've got work to do around town and I've got to walk.

catherine96821:
thanks, Frank. You're a constant suport to me. I am not trying to get sympathy, but it's not like I can call his mom, you know? Kinda nice to have an outlet. Don't really even tell the kids. My son ask me everyday if our house is high enough, he worries about the floods, what happens if we "lose the war"? Will they come here? Damn, those teachers in pre-school with those fire-ant and killer bee presentations, you know? Everyday he would come home with new disaster stickers on his lunch box.....he worries. What can a five year old do about killer bees?
Uh duck? I used to love it when my kid-of-the-moment would come how from school and the Hawaiian history lesson-of-the-day to announce that Hawaii had been stolen and that the invaders should all leave.
I would point out to her that since she was mostly Filipino and a few other things, they were talking about her. And, since I was a remote and distant descendant of Prince JKK Kuhio but Ali'i nevertheless, I would give her a ride to the airport.
I still miss Kam Schools and working for the the Bishop Estate, but when it's time to go, it's time to go.

Ahhhh, related to the monarchy are you? I am always shocked at the number of 7th generation haoles here!

Yes, I spoke too soon, yesterday not a cloud at my place. Today another story.

Catherine... so glad to hear that JB was not seriously injured by the IED. Personally I think they should send the current administration there equipped as many of the troops were initially... no armor, no coats (how unreal is that) and let them fend for themselves. To put our men and women in harm's way is bad enough but without proper equipment is criminal.

And as far as I'm concerned, service personnel in war zones (or perhaps all those stationed overseas) should be given FREE telephone service to their loved ones (at least on a weekly basis if not more frequently). The fact that any service person should have to pay such an outrageous amount in phone calls while away is also criminal. Just where do our taxes go? This kind of thing really irritates me. Grrr.

drbill:
And as far as I'm concerned, service personnel in war zones (or perhaps all those stationed overseas) should be given FREE telephone service to their loved ones (at least on a weekly basis if not more frequently). The fact that any service person should have to pay such an outrageous amount in phone calls while away is also criminal. Just where do our taxes go? This kind of thing really irritates me. Grrr.

They do now but I was stationed at a US Military Base, even though it was CUBA. Due to the fact that the US owned it AT&T owned the lines. It just sucks being away from your family. I did sign up for the time I served and I do not regret my time that I was in the service.

I do agree that when a soldier is shipped anywhere there is combat that they should be afforded the best protection while there.

Thank God he's okay. I know how you feel. My brother did 19 years 2mos. in the 75th Rangers 2nd and 4th Bat. US Army as a medic. Life can suck! But he loved it.

My prayers are with you and for JB. JB thanks for serving.

Carl

guess, I will post here so as not to start a new one.... new pics for the anyone interested. This is the Iraqi Platoon that JB is advising and going on missions with... he is sporting a "thing" the Iraqi's wear around his neck for the sandstorm protection. Carl, enjoy your Kona trip!!

Catherine,

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. I feel for you (and him) while he is there. I wish you both only the best. I have a very, very emotional response to the entire Iraq situation.

My sentiment is to Take care, God Bless, and return to us safely.

-becky (Are those your dogs in the new avatar?)

Back
Top Bottom