Myrtle Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dived twice with Coastal Scuba. They are in N. Myrtle and go out of Little River Inlet just S. of the NC border--all about 45 mins. from downtown Myrtle Beach. They do fishing. One trip (early March it was a one dive and some fishing for the price of a 2 tank dive. Caught mostly small sharks and other fish that were also out of season, so no keeping them for supper. The 2nd trip (also to the Gen. Sherman wreck in 50' or so) was a 2 tank dive late March. Pretty good. Didn't see any sharks diving, which was fine for me. Good instrucors and a good DM on board. The other shop is S. of town, can't recall the name. They are a bit bigger shop, but didn't go out until April, so I can't talk about them. Both these places also go further out to deeper wrecks like the Hebe, but they were waiting for warmer/better weather. I believe these dives are quite close to the Gulf Stream.

When I'm in the Myrtle Beach area, my go-to shop is Express Watersports in Murrell's Inlet. Express Water Sports - Myrtle Beach Scuba, Parasail, Kayak & dolphin watch & Ocean Sightseeing, Banana Boat And jet skis rentals, Memorial at sea & hydro testing in Myrtle Beach South Carolina - Home

Regarding Coastal - be aware they recently were involved in an incident that did not make them look very good. Here is a link: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ac...al-sherman-wreck-fatality-south-carolina.html There are folks who report that things are better now, so use your own judgement.

+1 for Express - worth the (short) drive to Murrell's Inlet. They have a new(er) 46' Newton Dive boat also.

IDK exactly where Coastal leaves from - been to the store though - but it sounds like Express might be closer if you're staying south of downtown. We stay south of there in Litchfield Beach so it is for us.

Coastal scuba leaves from cricket cove marina in Little River SC, just south of the NC/SC border.
Express or Coastal are both good shops , just depends on the dives you wanna do.
Coastal did have an incident recently but from what i understand they will be ok once the USCG report and ME's report comes out.
I have dove with them 20-30 times and never had any problems.
But we will see once it's official.

+1 for Express - worth the (short) drive to Murrell's Inlet. They have a new(er) 46' Newton Dive boat also.

IDK exactly where Coastal leaves from - been to the store though - but it sounds like Express might be closer if you're staying south of downtown. We stay south of there in Litchfield Beach so it is for us.

I was going with CS until my local shop said not to. I will call Express. I am new to the forum, so thank you to all who took time to reply.

Once more just wanted to thank those who replied back! Went with Express saturday and had one of the best dives I have ever had at the Vermillion wreck! Huge schools of spadefish, amberjack, and seen several groupers, and sea bass. Large bait schools also. Absolutely great staff, and divemasters. I will def. dive with these guys again.

Glad it was a great dive! Thanks for the report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom