Mystery Eel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MantaRey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
these are some stills from the film I shot at recent commercial pier dive. anyone happen to know what it is? a friend suggested white spotted but I looked it up and that's not it.

here's another shot:

sorry they're not too clear, but it was rough and I had to color correct the heck outta it.

hehe wish it was a snowflake, found out that it's a sharptail snake eel. I thought I was lucky finding it out of it's hole, but not for these guys, they are day hunters.

ah well, they just move so cool. it's almost mesmorizing.

Thats a tough one. I couldn't see much of the head, but from the colorations on the body and the physical characteristics it appears to be what some call the goldspot eel. Since you took the picture and most likely had a better view, go to:

www.thepetstore.com

then eels, scrowl down to goldspot and tell me if that is what your eel looks like up close.

Wow you are really lucky seeing that. I have only seen a couple. And yes, you are correct it is a sharptail eel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom