Mystery of Reef Scuba Reels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisdr2004

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So have a bunch of Reef Scuba aluminum wreck reels and trying to make heads or tails of the differant sizes.
Does anyone have any idea how one would determine the size of a reel.
I cant seam to find any info on Reef Scuba anymore nor much info on these reels
They seam like really nice quality but other than that they are a mystery.
Any info is appreciated

I acquired one of these reels as part of a larger lot of gear, maybe 10 years ago. It needed a couple of things repaired, so I called up the guy who used to make them at Reef Scuba Accessories in the Chesapeake, Virginia area and he fixed them for a small price. No idea if he is still in business, but Piranha still seems to carry these reels and parts.

For line length, the best I can recommend is to tie the end to an object and reel it out over a known distance. Back-and-forth between two posts set at 50 feet apart would be an easy way to do this.

I get the impression that this is more of an old school east coast wreck reel. Interested to see if anyone else knows more about these reels or Reef Scuba.

Lance

I acquired one of these reels as part of a larger lot of gear, maybe 10 years ago. It needed a couple of things repaired, so I called up the guy who used to make them at Reef Scuba Accessories in the Chesapeake, Virginia area and he fixed them for a small price. No idea if he is still in business, but Piranha still seems to carry these reels and parts.

For line length, the best I can recommend is to tie the end to an object and reel it out over a known distance. Back-and-forth between two posts set at 50 feet apart would be an easy way to do this.

I get the impression that this is more of an old school east coast wreck reel. Interested to see if anyone else knows more about these reels or Reef Scuba.

Lance
thanks for the info appreciate it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom