name these critters.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
picture were taken off of San Carlos, Sonora in the Sea of Cortez(Gulf of California). Depth was about 30 feet and temperature was 62-64 F for all three critters.

DSCN2931.jpgDSCN2834.jpgDSCN3109.jpg

[-]The first two are nudibranchs. The yellow one is most likely a lemon.

The second one could be an arminid (sp) but I doubt it. I don't think they're ever black. Google striped nudibranch for some similar.[/-]

Oops...

A complete guess on the 3rd is some sort of spotted cowrie.

Last edited:
The first one(yellow) is some kind of snail. I saw a few examples on the same dive and there is definitely a shell.

the second one is not listed on nudipixel as being one of the nudi species in the sea of Cortez. I expanded my search further out and still could not I'd it. I also tried searching for it as a flatworm with no luck either.

I agree that the third one is some type of cowry, just hoping for a specific name. New to me.

Thanks mbt!!!!

Once again, Phil beats me to it. That's twice this morning. I must be slowing down in old age!

Back
Top Bottom