Namhae Diving THIS weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralreefer_1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It was talked about, and now it is happening. I am planning to go down to Namhae for some isle diving this Saturday (July 8) . Anyone interested in joining is more than welcome.

I will be diving with Sea Dragon Dive resort. Its a dive shop in the middle of a city area with plenty of restaurants and nearby motels ( its not a rural place) That is the meeting place after which move to the harbor. Address is as follows. 경남 남해군 남해읍 화전로 53-1 씨드래곤 다이브 1층. Contact - 010-4417-8889

As I have never been diving with this operator, and although there are several island options to dive, I chose one close to the harbor. Among those 2, the larger one can have rather strong currents so for this trip I plan to dive the smaller of the two closest one.

KakaoTalk_20230704_122218876.jpg

This smaller isle has depths ranging from 5 to 30 meters, and has a metal ladder installed on this isle to make entry and especially exit much easier.

The cost breakdown is like this. 110,000 for 2 tanks/dives from the shore of the isle. 130,000 is for the same and what he calls "boat diving" which is at the same location/isle but either be hang out on the boat between dives, or go back to shore after first dive for surface interval, then return for second dive ( im not clear on this yet)

Full set of scuba gear rental is 50,000.

Anyone interested in joining is most welcome. Note however I am not an event organizer, and have no liability or responsibility for injury. Anyone joining understands they are just diving and this is not some organized event. I'm planning to drive down Friday afternoon and find a motel nearby (i know there are several because I stayed in one there in 2021 and accidentally found his shop) and some good food and drinks^^

Anyone interested in joining reply here, or contact me via DM.

I am confirming that tomorrow but yes, usually around that time. As it stands now you and Scuba_divo are coming. I needed to get an idea of how many people before i make a formal reservation with the guy.

If you are renting any gear and are not of a typical Korean size please let me know your sized to ensure he has something appropriate.

Are you coming Friday to the area, or Saturday morning? Shoot me a DM with your kakao id and ill start a group chat between the three of us.

Love that this is happening! Wish I could go. Have a great time!
Its happening. I'm not sure how it will play out as it might be a rainy day.....but poor man's Jeju is upon us and no matter what I am going!

These kinds of things would be fun but as already discussed, planning is near impossible to satisfy all parties. All i can do it set my own plan, and try to make it easy for others to join in by offering logistical this or that. I'm going there rain or shine and diving!

I am confirming that tomorrow but yes, usually around that time. As it stands now you and Scuba_divo are coming. I needed to get an idea of how many people before i make a formal reservation with the guy.

If you are renting any gear and are not of a typical Korean size please let me know your sized to ensure he has something appropriate.

Are you coming Friday to the area, or Saturday morning? Shoot me a DM with your kakao id and ill start a group chat between the three of us.
I'll be joining you gentlemen on Saturday morning

This dive ended up getting cancelled due to the dive operator stating there were storm advisories for Saturday and Sunday. We will reschedule and I will bump this thread at that time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom