Nanaimo Charter Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking at that RIB and remembering my Nanaimo dive trip, where the air temps were in the mid 20's (Fahrenheit!) . . .

I'm looking at that RIB and remembering my Nanaimo dive trip, where the air temps were in the mid 20's (Fahrenheit!) . . .

You mean the one where my suit flooded 3 minutes into a 30 minute dive ... and there was ice in the harbour?!

:eyebrow:

Just heard today that a long established Nanaimo-based operator is bringing in a 37' boat to run day charters. No word on exactly when but hopefully by the summer.

Most Vancouver-area divers are familiar with Jan and Kevin from Sea Dragon charters, they are great people! Since they got their bigger boat,"Topline", their original boat "Sea Dragon", had been sitting idle. But they have recently re-activated it, and they are just now starting to run dive charters out of Nanaimo with it. So Jan is encouraging everyone to come on out and check it out! I think the guy who ran the Mamro will be operating it for them out of Nanaimo (I forget his name)...

The Sea Dragon is indeed starting up in Nanaimo. Danny from the Mamro will be captain and we really look forward to working with him - he is lots of fun and knows the waters intimately. Haven't been on the boat yet, but since we will be booking charters with them, our whole crew looks forward to a dive with them very soon. Details of the Nanaimo operation have not been finalized, but you can bet both Sea Dragon and us will have the info all over the place when it is available. Very sorry that Divers Choice is no longer here, but very happy to have a great operation to take over.

Yehh. Seadragon is up and running in Nanaimo. She is a 37' aluminum custom dive vessel fully enclosed and heated with a top deck for those sunny days. She takes a max of 10 divers and Open Water through Tech and Rebreather divers are welcome. You can see a picture of the Seadragon on our website at "www.divenanaimo.ca/node/2" and on Seadragons website at "www.seadragoncharters.com". They also run the Topline out of Horseshoe Bay. Soooo, lets get boat diving in Nanaimo!

Thanks for the catch. Thats what I get for being too excited about making changes to accommodate the Seadragon info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom