nasa divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

towers654

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone.... anyone.

I was just wondering if anybody knows when or if nasa will be hiring divers anytime soon. I've applyed a zillion times and I've called and there was a lady that told me they haven't hired anyone in 9 month.

Just wondering if anyone knew....

Considering the recent cut backs at NASA with funding, I wouldnt count on a big hiring trend anytime soon.

yea, I thought about the cut backs too... I'm still going to keep applying

If they really pull the shuttle out of service and the way the constellation program is going there wont be a need for zero G simulation training.

With the ISS still up and going I would expect the Neutral Buoyancy facility to continue. I expect that economy has reduced the turnover, however.

The main use is for planning a practicing shuttle missions and EVA's on the ISS.

But, with no way to get to the ISS besides the Souze there is no need for training.

Even IF they hire you, it's a whole year before you get to work and get paid.
Can you say: Background Checks?

Hello everyone.... anyone.

I was just wondering if anybody knows when or if nasa will be hiring divers anytime soon. I've applyed a zillion times and I've called and there was a lady that told me they haven't hired anyone in 9 month.

Just wondering if anyone knew....

The main use is for planning a practicing shuttle missions and EVA's on the ISS.

But, with no way to get to the ISS besides the Souze there is no need for training.
I expect that there will still be EVAs from the ISS to support repair and improvements.

I assisted with a scuba intro for disabled and disadvantaged kids so they could go to space camp thru the space is special foundation. The founders wife who conducted the course in 08 was at the time director of astronaut scuba training. A NAUI course director by the name of Dana Kerjes. I've not heard from her in awhile. She was very easy to talk to and we had a blast with the kids. We used to email every couple months. As far as I know I still have an invite to come down to Huntsville and play in their pool. But even then they were cutting back on some of their programs and more importantly the support personnel.

Last edited:
If they really pull the shuttle out of service and the way the constellation program is going there wont be a need for zero G simulation training.

Space shuttle only has 4 more launches left and AFAIK Constellation has been canceled.

Back
Top Bottom