National Geographic Diving Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
He needs to PM Tamas about how to get that card and snorkel. :wink:

Its pipesnorkel....or maybe snorkelpipe. I better call PADI.

Tassie_Rohan:
This is great - magazine-themed certificates: please wake me up when I can become a certified PADI Playboy Diver.

I'll be the one on the dive boat clad in a dressing gown, wearing a gold chain and 70's style sunnies, with a martini in one hand a bikini clad model in the other...

Cheers,
Rohan.
:lol: :lol:
I was also thinking something along those lines, but maybe invovling skin diver

TheRedHead:
No, you said you wanted the Limited Edition Morphos Metal Tech BCD because it looks sweet:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=2188907&postcount=8

Exactly, the limited edition version of the morphos looks sweet in comparison to the regular morphos and thus worth the purchase if you where to be considering that model anyway.

TheRedHead:
He wants to buy a Mares HUB type BC. So I don't see his goals in line with GUE. He's probably better off with National Geo.

Just in case you where possibly confused, the morphos is not the same as the HUB (which is even cooler looking and equally filled with Mares goodness). But you where probably trying to be rude and condescending with these comments and not confused at all right?

dzer0:
Just in case you where possibly confused, the morphos is not the same as the HUB (which is even cooler looking and equally filled with Mares goodness). But you where probably trying to be rude and condescending with these comments and not confused at all right?

The equipment configuraiton GUE recommends is the antithesis of HUBs or even Morphos type BCs, which share the same wacky infaltor systems, I believe. I think you want to look cool and are going in the wrong direction, and you are not even aware of it.

You can go all minimalist and ultra slim functional if you want, but when I get all the hot mermaids the fish won’t be laughing at me in my sweet mares BC.

I am not trying to be mean, or condescending, but you must be on acid if you think you'll look better in one of those HUD's.

Well lsd, laughing fish and mermaids fit together nicely so I guess it’s all good. And honestly I do think that Mares makes the most aesthetically pleasing equipment around so I guess that means I’m tripping? You guys sound uptight, not being able to judge a piece of equipment outside of its intricate usefulness. Everyone that has ever wanted, owned, and even enjoyed a Mares BC, be it the HUB (meaning integrated reg) or other (such as the Morphos which I fancy) must be a complete moron I guess, especially if they think it looks fashionable.

dzer0
No one has said about how much fun a well structured NG class could be ... Most would not even dare to admit having the cert because of the risk of all the ridicule here
Oh well ...

My NG class ... My instructor made it challenging for us, because we took it after AOW .. Catalina, 80 to 60' , Kelp ... mapping a wreck into 1' grid, looking very closely at everything in each square and sketching it on our slates .. all the time with your feet in kelp at one end, head inches from the floor, and just hovering there .. gave us appreciation for the small sealife and a better ability to see them, and for the people that do that for real
The course was very inexpensive ($25+materials) ... It was just an absolute blast .. and I learned something, and got some more dives in a cool location, with an instructor I like ... but then again, I am such an oddball ... YMMV

dzer0:
You can go all minimalist and ultra slim functional if you want, but when I get all the hot mermaids the fish won’t be laughing at me in my sweet mares BC.

What can you do with mermaids and fish that you can't do alone?

dzer0:
Well lsd, laughing fish and mermaids fit together nicely so I guess it’s all good. And honestly I do think that Mares makes the most aesthetically pleasing equipment around so I guess that means I’m tripping? You guys sound uptight, not being able to judge a piece of equipment outside of its intricate usefulness. Everyone that has ever wanted, owned, and even enjoyed a Mares BC, be it the HUB (meaning integrated reg) or other (such as the Morphos which I fancy) must be a complete moron I guess, especially if they think it looks fashionable.

Hopefully you will live long enough to see things the way they are being explained to you. Fashion has absolutely 0% to do with diving. Dive gear needs to be functional, simple and rugged. Period. If it fails anyone of those three points, it should be left on the Walmart shelves. Some people like to throw in color on thier simple, rugged, functional dive gear and that okay too. As long as the first three requirements are met first. Personally, I think that Zeagle makes some damn cool looking BC's. They also fit my big 3 criteria. They will even custom make one in the colors you want. How about a BC made in the colors of your favorite sports team? Cool enough for ya?

FD

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom