Naui dive tables

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jakub_Svoboda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! I've got a problem. Im ashamed but I forgot how to use Dive tables (computer makes you lazy :shakehead:) and I've tried to learn them again but I was using IANTD dive tables but now Im by NAUI then I think I should know NAUI tables. I've ended on this point for example : I go to 130 feet, I spend here 25 minutes, the deco is 10 minutes - > then Im in J letter group and then I spend 2.5 hour on lunch - > Im in E and then I must find the RNT and subtract it from the next dive dive time(not pretty sure). But I dont know ho, cause i cannot orient in this tables and i dont know which RNT i must choose. Could someone give me an example of it or some advice? I know its dishonour for me that I forgot this important knowledge but thx for your reactions. p.s.: sorry for EN mistakes

Not sure on NAUI dive tables since I use PADI but the RNT is not subtracted it is added. It is residual nitrogen and it has to be accounted for.

Go across (to the left) pressure group E to the planned depth of your next dive. The top number in that box is the RNT from the previous dive and the bottom number is the Adjusted Maximum Dive Time (AMDT) for the next dive.

For example, you are in pressure group E and you want to do a second dive to 50 feet. Your RNT is 38 minutes and your AMDT is 42 minutes. The actual dive time for your second dive is 22 minutes. Your RNT at the time your surface from your second dive is 60 minutes (38 + 22) which puts you in pressure group H. 60 minutes @ 50 feet.

Hope this helps.

What's the depth of your second dive? For example starting from letter group E, from your example, if you decide to dive to 70ft your max. dive time is 45 NDL. Let's say you goto 70 ft for 15 min. that puts your TNT at 41, RNT is 26 top no. in blue on table 3. ADT is 15 equals 41. The bottom no. in red is your max. dive time in this case 19. Round 41 to 45 and your new letter group is I. Remember you use table 3 twice when planning for repetitive dives. Hope that makes sense and I'm sure someone will correct me if I made a mistake.

I recommend picking up Table Tutor, ScubaToys Table Tutor from Scubatoys - they designed it and will give it to any members of ScubaBoard for free if you just drop them a PM and ask for the unlock code.

While it has NAUI tables, it does not have IANTD tables. Fortunately they both work pretty much the same, except that they are laid out slightly differently.

Nice thing about the software is it will actually teach you how to do the tables, and it lets you keep up on table use, even if you don't normally dive with them.

Aloha, Tim

THX everyone... I learn already all that stuff . It's really simple. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom