NAUI Master vs DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the academics are comparable and yet, not so. It's really apples and oranges.

The NAUI MAster Scuba Diver exam consists of 100 questions. Topics addressed are: 1. Equipment. 2. Environment. 3. Physics. 4. Medicine & Physiology. 5. Decompression & Recompression. 6. Diving Techniques. 7. Specialized Diving Activities.

and then there is..

The NAUI Divemaster exam is 80 questions. Topics are: 1. Leadership fundamentals 2. Leadership roles. 3. Accident prevention and problem management. 4. Dive Tables & Decompression theory. 5. Risk Management & Legal aspects. 6. Boating and seamanship. 7. Conservation and environmental awareness.

Some readdressing of some topics, yet, clear differences. Academically, MSD will be the most challenging due especially for the physics (gas laws, formulas, etc).

nativenarcosis once bubbled...
Thanks for your replies. I have finished the academic portion of my master course. I would like to continue with my education since I would like to help out with classes and so on and so forth. I was just curious if the academics were comparable or more in depth. I really have enjoyed the master class and would recommend it to everyone.

scubatexastony once bubbled...
....and NAUIs web site:
NAUI DIVE MASTER
PREREQUISITES FOR ENTERING THE COURSE
General.
Meet the requirements applying to all Leadership courses. (See “Policies Applying to Leadership Courses.”)
Materials. (See current guide to NAUI membership.)
Diver Certification.
The preferred minimum certification level is NAUI Assistant Instructor. Individuals not possessing the preferred certification may be accepted for training only if they meet the following criteria:
Certification:
Certification as NAUI Master Scuba Diver and NAUI Scuba Rescue Diver or their equivalent. Divers with evidence of equivalent training and experience may be enrolled provided they pass the NAUI Master Scuba Diver written examination with a minimum score of 75%.

so if you're a crossover....you'll be required to pass the MasterDiver exam..... seys a bit, don't it?

tony

When I crossed over from PADI DM to and took my NAUI Instructor course I had to take the NAUI Master diver exam. I have to say that it took a bit of studying before I took it to do well. I think which ever certification you shoot for DM or master scuba diver you are going to be much better off with NAUI.

Regards,
Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom