NAUI test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jme233

Registered
Reaction score
I am done with most of my pool dives and in a few days we are having the test . I am a little nervous about it though. I have wached the NAUI movie twice but don't know if I missed anything. Can anyone give me any pointers. thanks a lot.

YUP!

Relax and take the test. Simple as that. If you pass, Congrats. If you fail, you work a little harder at it. Seeing the flick twice should more than do it.

Gary D.

Look at your text again. There is an icon in the margin that tells you that the info next to it is a test question.

Also, don't try to memorize or cram. If you've really learned the material, you'll do fine.

MB:
Look at your text again. There is an icon in the margin that tells you that the info next to it is a test question.

Also, don't try to memorize or cram. If you've really learned the material, you'll do fine.

I'm not NAUI but instead SSI. Based on my test, I would offer the tip to make sure you understand the tables.

The table portion of the test was the only section that had dependent answers. What I mean by that is Question 6 will use your answer from 5, and 7 will depend on 6, 8 will depend on 7 etc etc.

So that would mean that missing that first answer would throw off the next 3 or 4 answers.

Hope this helped a little.

Do the chapter review questions. If you can answer all of those then you will pass the test. The test really isn't that hard. We had a seperate tables test and had to have 100% on it. If you know the tables it isn't hard either. Just take your time and READ the question before you answer it. I blew a really easy question on my Nitrox test because I was ready for it to ask something on nitrox and missed that it said "air". The test isn't a race so take your time.
Good luck

Joe

Relax and don't worry about the test. Study and review the material using the video and the text. If you listen to the radio or other music while commuting to school or work put in the cassette tapes instead. While at home work through several tables problems with dive profiles you make up. As MB mentioned don't cram.

If you don't pass there will be a review of the questions you missed and you can be retested.

If I remember correctly, it's mostly multiple choice (no real trick questions), just relax and all the stuff on the test is stuff you've gone over in class. Do know how to work you dive tables, though. If you can do the test examples in the book, you'll have no problem working them on the test. Good luck!

It's pretty straightforward. The questions are multiple choice, and if you've read the material and understand what you're reading you won't have any difficulties.

The purpose of the test is primarily to identify areas that you might not have understood properly, so you can review them again with your instructor before becoming certified. If you don't pass, you will review those areas one-on-one with your instructor and retake. At least, that's how I do it ... and how the instructors I worked with as a DM do it. In fact, even if you do pass, a good instructor will discuss the questions you missed to make sure you understand the concepts behind the question.

As instructors, we're far more interested in your in-water skills. The knowledge is important ... but most instructors will work with you on the topics covered in the written test till you understand the material (that's the easy part).

Someone recommended making sure you understand the tables. I agree. Since you're NAUI, I'd recommend focusing on units 4 (Diving Science) and 5 (Decompression). That's the meat of the course, and what students seem to have to work on the hardest.

Sounds to me like you're more prepared than most ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
In fact, even if you do pass, a good instructor will discuss the questions you missed to make sure you understand the concepts behind the question.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I agree with this. Your instructor should go over any question you miss even if you pass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom