Nautilus Underwater Propulsion System ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dburas

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got a unbelievable deal on a ton of scuba equipment. One of the things I got was a Nautilus Underwater Propulsion System. This type of DPV straps to the tank under the straps and the batteries have their own belt for your waist with a handheld remote for low and high speed. It came with a user manual and case but no charger. Not really a big deal about the charger since I have knowledge of electronics.

Anyways, my research came up with the system was built in 1989 and featured in a article in the magazine SKIN DIVER in the 1990 August edition. I can tell this isn't a cheap DPV. The unit was made by The Parkway Systems company which supposedly closed down in 2003.

My questions are as following:
1) How much did it cost originally ??
2) Anyone owned this unit ??
3) If you have that Skin Diver mag, could you scan the full article so I can see it ??
4) ANY information on the unit besides the original manual would be greatly appreciated.....

Am I going to keep it ?? Unknown right now. It is 42 lbs, with a negative buoyancy of 21 lbs. Once I get it running, who knows, I might sell it for a scooter or a drysuit instead, my current drysuit got massively ripped open when doing a wreck dive.

ANY information would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. I will attach some pictures once I get the unit cleaned up. FYI, I am aware of the Pegasus Thruster which is a copy....well newer model.

Piccies! Parkway had a lot of rebadged products. Their sharkskin wetsuits were original products I believe. I was sad quite sad when they went under as I had a lot of nostalgia about the company and loved the corporate logo featuring a shark.

Back
Top Bottom