Navarre Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm game for Thursday after 5. PM me and I'll give you my cell. THis may be the perfect chance to try out this new Jelly Fish Sting Protectant I got for christmas........ And a full wetsuit and hood, gloves, tape on seams.......:)

Had a great time Yesterday on a dive at Navarre Beach with CMUFieldHockey8. Very enjoyable conditions, vis was good although we had a thick salinity (?) layer at about 17 feet that was hard to see though and it seems most of the fish were hanging around there. Lots of small fish on the columns, we had a great time just checking out the life on the columns. Yes, the Jellies were in but for the most part we could avoid them at depth but we both took a few hits in the cheeks! Overall, it was a nice dive, with a great new buddy. Thanks!!!

Went to Navarre Beach to dive today. The conditions should have made it a nice dive, however, There is a very heavy consentration of algae from the shore line to at least the second snad bar, Visibility was less than 1 foot as I made my way through the Stinging jelly obstacle course. The jellies were thick but nothing compared to the algae. I made my way under the pier and as the depth increased the visability did as well, although to only about 5 feet. MBT had a class of at least 8 people in the water, man would that suck. Take your mask off and clear? I was never taught the proper way of clearing algae from inside my mask...... :-(. There were a ton of bait fish schooling around, but not much else that I could see. Not a good time for Navarre Beach right now. I'm wondering if Pensacola is the same?

This is starting to get disturbing as I haven't seen a really positive report all summer here and I'll be staying on Navarre Beach a month from now. I had some great dives there last year and am hoping to start my mornings off with a couple of great dives when we are there next month. Will it pass or is it going to take a big storm?

i was with the mbt dive class today and boy was it rough we didn't do any drills all we did was dive we are going to vortex tomorrow so that we can get everything taken care couldn't really see much until you were about 100 yards off at 20 feet deep then you may been able to see 10 feet the jellies got thicker as the day progressed

Going to head to the beach for the airshow. Hoepefully the slime is gone. I'll post results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom