Navy Diver Physical exam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MastahD

New
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am a recreational diver and am considering the navy diving program as well and am researching it in-depth.
A few questions:
1. I have less than perfect vision, am I not eligible? What if i get laser surgery?
2. My heart has a slight clicking sound at the mitro valve, and many physicians have assured my after EKG's that I can do anything anyone else can do. Will the navy physical exam discover this abnormality and declare me ineligible?
3. I am 6'8'' and thin, yet very athletic. Am I eligible?
4. Occasionally I experience strange pressure fluctuations in my nasal/ear cavity. Will this affect my eligibility?
Thanks for the answers,
Michael

You're too tall by 2 inches. When David Robinson started at the Naval Academy, he was right at the limit at 6'6". He just forgot to stop growing and topped off at 7'1". Since he had already been accepted, he was allowed to stay on.
When he did his 1st Class cruise, I saw a photo of him in the control room of the USS Buffalo, a Los Angeles-class fast attack submarine.
They could have captioned the pic as "Human Pretzel Visits Sub".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom