Navy to search for Arrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'd be willing to make a donation if there was any chance of locating an intact arrow. is there any truth to the rumours that there could be an intact plane out there somewhere? i bet the americans have one at area 51 :wink:

i'm sure many more would be willing to donate for the opportunity to fire diefenbaker (or a current politician of choice) out over the lake on a missile.

wetbehindtheear:
i'm sure many more would be willing to donate for the opportunity to fire diefenbaker (or a current politician of choice) out over the lake on a missile.

I wouldn't waste the coin on the traitor. A brief re-animation followed by careful usage of a 25 cent bullet so he could have died in the manner he deserved would satisfy me.

Uhm, can he say that ? /\

Not that I care or anything :)

I'd sooner waste my money on public health care, public schooling, Sheila Copps's GST lies, HRDC, more money for Welfare, Fuel Taxes, and Native affairs myself.

hehehe

Scuba_Steve:
I'd sooner waste my money on public health care, public schooling, Sheila Copps's GST lies, HRDC, more money for Welfare, Fuel Taxes, and Native affairs myself.

Lets not forget the gun registry's 2 Billion.

Damn, the gun registry thing.

Am I late for that? Or was it ignored so much that it just went away.

Well, not the bill for it, just the registry itself.

Only the Gummint could go from 2 million to 2 billion and not think it's a "Big thing".

Then again, what the hell do they care? They've got their Golden Parachutes for 8 years "service" (Term used loosely of course).

Yep. I'm with ya D33, such incompetence should be shot on sight.

But I digress.

They've won, I'm going diving.......

As far as I know the only true Arrow pieces remaining are what the Toronto Aerospace Museum have in their project (partial cockpit and assorted pieces, they are fabricating everything they dont have) and I believe one of the Nova Scotia aviation museums have one of the Iroquois engines but it is in unserviceable condition.

wetbehindtheear:
i'd be willing to make a donation if there was any chance of locating an intact arrow. is there any truth to the rumours that there could be an intact plane out there somewhere? i bet the americans have one at area 51 :wink:

There used to be the "nose cone" of the Avro Arrow at the aviation museum in Ottawa..
I don't know if it's still there... They are revamping the museum.

Bubblemaker_ontario:
There used to be the "nose cone" of the Avro Arrow at the aviation museum in Ottawa..
I don't know if it's still there... They are revamping the museum.

It was hidden in the warehouse of the Science & Technology Museum for years before the Aviation Museum opened.

The ships were in Kingston last week. They were sailing to Toronto on Monday where they were going to be looking for the models.

I was on HMCS Kingston last Wed for a Change of Command ceremony for the new Formation Chief and had the opportunity to talk with Lt(N) Finlay the person in charge of the actual search. They were using sidescan off the HMCS Kingston and the Phantom ROV off HMCS Glace Bay.

In 2 weeks I am out in Halifax and will be talking to him again in the hopes to see anything that they had found.

Back
Top Bottom