NC; Papoose and Spar; 9/11/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spar is a great place for the sharkees lately. The big ones tend to hover just off the site in the current a few feet off the sand. It is a great place to do two dives. Next time you get a chance have fun penetrating as there are guide ropes inside. You can easily spend the entire bottom time exploring inside out of the current. Glad you had one of those perfect days.

It was perfect and no current on the wreck. Now I have to return and explore the inside of the Spar. :)

Tim- I notice no reports of feeding the fishes in NC this time. Did you embrace the drug culture and load up on Meclizine after all your protests off Jersey? :)

Thanks for posting. I am green with envy. Very green.

50mg of Meclizine PO did the trick for sure :D You will hear no further protests from me, but now i feel compelled to research the physiological effects of meclizine with respect to DCS.

I think they all work pretty well. Some have fewer side effects, some are a little more potent.

Sounds like a wonderful day of diving! I used to love Jason B's videos of diving the NC wrecks, with the huge schools of fish and the sharks. When the viz is good, it looks like you guys have incredible opportunities.

Thanks for sharing Tim! Sounds like a fantastic day out (except the poor light monkey :()!

It was perfect and no current on the wreck. Now I have to return and explore the inside of the Spar. :)

Spar is one of my favs... Lots of easy penetration to be had....

I just realized I totally forgot to mention the 5-6' Barracuda hanging out on the carolina rig!

Thanks for the report. I'm looking forward to my first Morehead City trip in a week and a half.

Thanks for making me jealous. I've done Morehead 7 times and I'm dying to go back. The Spar is one of my favorite all time dives.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom