ND CNX flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shiro

Registered
Reaction score
I bought a Northern Diver CNX -drysuit this May. The first 50 dives the suit worked perfectly, but now it has developed a rather peculiar problem. I had a three week break from diving, the suit stored in the closet. With no reason whatsoever the suit is flooding from the front. I suspect that the input valve is the reason. The water starts coming in gradually from 5 metres down. When pressing the button the sound of incoming air is somewhat "wet". I've examined the valve, theres no sign of trash or sand. The input hose has its O-ring in place.

Any tips, ideas, what can cause the leak?

:11:

Shiro:
I bought a Northern Diver CNX -drysuit this May. The first 50 dives the suit worked perfectly, but now it has developed a rather peculiar problem. I had a three week break from diving, the suit stored in the closet. With no reason whatsoever the suit is flooding from the front. I suspect that the input valve is the reason. The water starts coming in gradually from 5 metres down. When pressing the button the sound of incoming air is somewhat "wet". I've examined the valve, theres no sign of trash or sand. The input hose has its O-ring in place.

Any tips, ideas, what can cause the leak?

:11:
Replace the o-ring and check for small bubbles near or around the valve.

Back
Top Bottom