Neck Seal repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

washow88

Reaction score
I am purchasing a used DUI dry suit form my local dive shop.
I fitted and used it in the pool for a test.
Even though I am buying the suit as is, I believe that it is in a good condition.
I found only one problem, which is that, the neck seal needs to be replaced. Currently, the seal is glued to the suit.
Is that something I can do by myself?
I mentioned that to the shop and they told me that they would send it to DUI for repair.
Thank you

You can... there's a book out by Oxyhacker Drysuit repair and Maintenance... now with most DIY stuff.... it might take you a while to get good at it but if you have more time than money this is a good alternative to sending it to the shop.

It is very easy to do.
new_seal_installed_185.jpg

die_grinder_148.jpg

Parts and more info can be found here. Use the PB300 glue too. A hair dryer or heat gun will remove the old seal.
http://www.ossystems.com/

Actually the power brush did not damage the suit at all. Then again, I work with that type of equipment all the time and slowed it way down, along with using a well beat up brush. I wanted the old glue gone, because it was over 13 years old.

Two weeks ago the neck seal on my D.U.I. was replaced, and a new kind of neck plate was needed, due to the warm neck outer seal, and the fact that D.U.I. installs the seal from the inside out on a CF200. So I took measurements, then walked out into the garage, grabbed a piece of thin metal, set up my plasma for circle cutting, and whacked out a new template. Using MEK I softened the glue on the suit, and using PB300 thinned with MEK, started putting layers of glue back on. Once tacky the pieces were joined together, and rolled out with a small paint roller.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom