Need a little help from the locals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well if I'm ABLE to get out Sunday, we'll stipulate the dry suit...how much undergarment to wear is the key!

Last week the quarry at home was 38º from top to bottom:shocked2: Anything in the 70's works for me in my 3mm!

I'd KILL to be in 70+ degree water right now!:D

Wow...I feel for ya !!!! Buuuuurrr, that's devotion !!

I dove Fort Lauderdale last week...air temps were mid 40s water temp was mid to low 70s.

I dove with a 3/2mm, my girfriend completed her OW checkout dives in a 5/4/3.

Both of us were fine in the water. On the boat..well that was another story entirely.

I'd freeze to death in a 3mm. Your mileage may vary. Bring everything you have. It's easier to cool off if you get overheated by introducing some cold water into your suit than to warm up if you don't have enough neoprene.

Provided you are not diving drysuit. Introducing some cold water into it might be a bit of an issue :wink:

:popcorn:

Provided you are not diving drysuit. Introducing some cold water into it might be a bit of an issue :wink:

Why the popcorn? He wasn't asking about drysuit diving. I'm just sayin'. Popcorn back atcha. GEEZ

Why the popcorn? He wasn't asking about drysuit diving. I'm just sayin'. Popcorn back atcha. GEEZ

Yeah, I'll agree to that one.

1- Unecessary use of popcorn smiley which is intended to be used when spectating a heated conversation between 2 or more internet forum posters

2- Bringing up the drysuit reference is like saying "don't bring a scuba tank on a dive unless it's full of gas" or something of that nature.

And that, my friend, earned you a "thanks" click. :rofl3:

Thanks for thanking me I thanked you back.

oqbsz5.gif

Wow! Thanks to everyone for all the great info. I looked back through my log and found some quarry dives in the low 70's where I wore a 3mm. I think given all of your advice I'll wear the 3mm with a core warmer and bring a hood just in case. Thanks again and can't wait to get down there!:wink:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom