Question Need a memory dump binary file for a suunto cobra 1! Please Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Sinbad Cat
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi fellow divers,
My Suunto cobra has a corrupted memory and so goes straight into factory calibration mode and is displaying 'Test 33A' on the screen and is stuck in this mode! This screen i presume is a factory calibration mode which is for first time start up in factory. I have deduced that the eprom has lost all its data (i read the eeprom and its just empty!). Please please has anyone got a memory dump in binary format from their suunto cobra 1? or can someone dump their memory and send me the file? You can use the dive computer software 'subsurface' to create a memory dump file very easily!
1. Open Subsurface software.
2. Click the import tab at top of page.
3. Choose 'Import from dive computer'.
4. when download window opens, click the check the box labeled 'Save libdivecompter dumpfile'. A 'save to' window will open, choose where it will be saved.
5. Next click the download button.
6. Find The file in the location of where you saved it and please send it to me.

Please Help cause me poor suunto is just a brick at the moment!! It needs to become a dive computer again!! Diving with a brick is not much use to me these days, All it says to me is dive deeper! which might end up being hazardous to my life! Stupid brick! lol
Thankyou!

Back
Top Bottom