Need a salvage diver in west ky

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dablaw

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello I joined this forum in hopes of finding a diver for Ky lake in west Ky..We were out on the lake yesterday and my son dropped his shotgun into the lake and I need someone local in west ky either business or just a private diver to get it..I tried with a magnet for 3 hours but couln't retrieve it..I could feel it but just couldn't get it..It's in 15 feet of water 50 yards off the bank..I know exactly where it is and would take someone longer to put on there gear than it would to get it..If anyone can help a guy out and let me know someone in the area that would be willing to do this asap then let me know..I contactes a local dive company here where i live(Mainstream Commercial Divers Inc.) but they are closed until the 3rd of January..

If anyone knows of someone, please contact me at 270-227-0460 My name is David and this would mean the world to me and my son as this was his first gun that I had given him and he is really bummed..Thanks in advance,David.

You might try contacting some local dive shops or dive clubs. I am sure you can find someone that will be able to help you out for a fee. I have retrieved several things in our local lakes for folks. It sounds like a fairly easy recovery. The water being as cold as it is you will probably pay at least 150.00. How much is the shotgun worth?

I would do it for free lunch/tank fill if you weren't 7 hours away..

Call local shops - this time of year it's going to require a very tick suit (can probably avoid a dry suit if it's just 15 feet and a quick recovery.

15 feet is shallow enough for a free dive if you are comfortable snorkling. The water temp might be the big issue. See if you can borrow or rent one from a dive shop(use a hood) You could also try a grapple hook or a big daredevil to try and snag the gun. Good luck

Use a dive mask or make something that you can veiw underwater. Then take a 20 ft pole with hooks[Treble hook on the end] Grab the triger. Hoe it isnt loaded. We would make a viewer for seeing shellfish underwater. Once its just under the water. you would be surprised at how far you can see.Or use a round loop and put it over the barrel. pull it up butt first.

ill fly out and recover it for ya let me know if you cant get anyone

I wish I had know you were flying out before I started the 12 hr drive. :D

Did anyone call him?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom