Need a set of drysuit fins - recommendations please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ask and ye shall recieve. ForceFin.com On the lower right side of the page there are a couple of videos, the first one is long but has some good footage of the fins in action. including, showing them in use in Drysuits and open circuit as well as CCR and other high load equipment.

Are there any videos of people doing dives in these fins where they are not bicycle kicking? Or flutter kicking? None of those kicks are suitable in the environments where I dive.

The Twin Jet MAX is not everyone's idea of a great fin, but
they work for me and my size 13 feet in drysuit boots.

The foot pocket is huge and well shaped.

The sole plate is long as h*** providing a lot of leverage for
kicking and preventing cramps.

The general comfort and ease of kicking is tremendous.

They easily accomodate spring straps and springs are available that have the
normal scubapro quick release clips.

Justified criticisms are:

It is a split so the thrust is good but not great

A bit spendy

I do most of my diving dry (BARE CD4 ProDry) with a HP120 steel tank and generally quite cold water, which means a fair bit of health. I use IST Talaria Split Fins and have no problem moving around in the water with them.
Frogkicks works quite well. As far as backwards frog kicks, I really cant say much about it since I never got any good at it, split fins or not :blush:

Pics and a short review of them can be found at IST Talaria Split Fins - DIVE Fins

Are there any videos of people doing dives in these fins where they are not bicycle kicking? Or flutter kicking? None of those kicks are suitable in the environments where I dive.

there are, but they aren't specifically of FF. Check out the videos with John Chatterton (he normally wears the Excellerating FF), or any of the OFS (Ocean Futures Society) Jean-Micheal Cousteau's Dive team, aka Ocean Adventures TV show on PBS, they exclusively wear them, you will often see a combination of the excellerating FF and the OPS fin (oscillating propulsion system) which is not for sale.

Here is a nice picture of one of the OPS fins with the free dive blade
here is another from JMC team

I have seen other videos but can't seem to locate them. If I had a video camera housing, I would offer some, but I don't, so sorry.

I love dive gear and I love being able to research other divers for advice and oppinions! It is ironic that I read this post today, I just ordered Scuba Pro Rocket's with spring straps today. It's a old style but from what I have seen and experienced it still is awsome! I also have a pair of Twin Jets and again they function extremly well with all kick styles. I also agree spring straps are a plus! However make sure you purchase the right size. I engourage you to visit your local dive shop and try them out. Good luck and if you have any more ? ask away! Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

OMG:11: $629 for a pair of fins???Think I will stick with my Jets and Turtles...

you haven't seen the half of it.

check out the prices on the Launch pad foot pocket fin system. Just the foot pocket cost $521

but the best part is, they are worth every single penny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom