Need advice getting to Jomtien beach./Pattaya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogersea

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Tongo Poiint Basdiot Moalboal Philippines
# of dives
Greetings Neighbors, I will be traveling to Pattaya for a week in late May. I am on a serious budget and am looking for the cheapest/reliable transport from the Airport in BKK to Pattaya. I am taking a course so after tuition, airfare etc etc I am trying to save anywhere that is possible.

So maybe someone can give me advice on 1) the transportation and 2) clean cheap hotels in Pattaya? I would love to find a clean place to stay for 20-30 USD a night any suggestions :)

Cheers,
Roger

I would inquire with the shop running your courses RE: lodging as they may have a deal worked out. Can you leave your bags at the scuba shop and walk around a bit? I prefer hotels personally, but rooms for rent can be very cheap.

From the airport I found the following:

Pattaya Airport

If you are getting in to the airport before 8pm there are buses, 120baht, that run from BKK into Jomtien beach, just up from the big dive shop, the Mermaid Dive center. From there you can take a Baht taxi, 10bht, to anywhere in Jomtien Beach that you are staying. the bus ticket center can be found on the ground floor of BKK airport. I used this a number of times when I was diving around Thailand and Malaysia, February this year. The best other method if you are too late for a bus is to book a taxi, out at the front of the airport, they will cost up to 1200baht. Don't book the ones inside the airport as they are up to 2000 baht. I booked a condo in the Jomtien beach condos for 1 month at $300 USD, there are many to rent and you should be able to get a good price there.

Cheers,

Being realistic rooms for rent if you are staying only one week would not be practical for many reasons.
Just get there and look around there are loads of hotels that fall within your budget range, and cheaper, particularly this time of year. Late may is not a busy time you will be able to have your pick of the accomodation. Look around when you get there to find a place and location that suits your requirements rather than commiting yourself to something you may not be happy with.
Taxi meter outside the airport, I usually pay 1000bt. larger Taxis are usually around 1200bt. As previously recommended dont take the taxis that will be offered to you in the arrivals hall, you can expect to pay them at least double the going rate and the driver himself will only recieve around 400-500bt out of that.

Good luck with the course

I wanted to say thanks for the advice on getting to Pattaya, I made it to the course and everything turned out fine. I ended up using the Bell Bus Service, and that was a great deal. I stayed at Pattaya Bay Resort very cheap but clean and nice enough. I would have posted earlier but I was unable to log back into my old account... Cheers,
Roger

Back
Top Bottom