Need advise or a link to "step by step" sidemount setup - with zeagle Ranger bcd...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with zeagle Ranger and a 12L steel tank ... I want to step into the sidemount world ... Can someone give me a link to a good step by step / video guide ? ... I'll dive with a single tank
I know a few people have started SM using a Ranger. As several have said, it is not necessarily optimal. BUT, it can be done with some difficulty (and it may not be pretty). I may be mixing memories, but it seems to me that Andy Davis (DevonDiver) may have made his initial foray into SM with a Ranger - at least a modified Ranger. You might PM him to see.
YARONAD:
also: with one cylinder SM >> If the cylinder is at my side...instead of my back, and it doesn't affect my trim
I find single cylinder SM to be quite enjoyable, with an AL cylinder. With single steel cylinders, I find single cylinder SM diving awkward at best, and I do have trim issues - I 'rotate' toward the cylinder, which seeks a physically optimal position beneath me / under my center of lift (the bladder).

Good luck. Let us know how you progress.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom