need help from the Texans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillP once bubbled...
Hey Dee, doesn't Houston go underwater every once in a while?

Parts of NE Houston is still underwater as we speak!

I've been checking out a new dive site since my job will be calling for me to move to southwest Louisana. Toledo Bend on the Texas-Louisana border boasts the same about old barns/houses and even a barge that are close to the dam. Still searchin for more info on what they are calling the "Titanic".

tony

joens once bubbled...
There are some ranch houses and buildings under lake Amistad near Del Rio.

Have you personally dove this lake?

I have not been in the lake .but I have some friends that live an hour away from the lake and they have .the last time I was down there we were planning to go but the water level was low making it difficult to get some places by boat so we went to Nueces Lake .
Joens
P.S. It is on my to dive list though.

joens once bubbled...
I have not been in the lake .but I have some friends that live an hour away from the lake and they have .the last time I was down there we were planning to go but the water level was low making it difficult to get some places by boat so we went to Nueces Lake .
Joens
P.S. It is on my to dive list though.

The reason I ask is because I have heard that the entrance to Goodenough springs lies at the bottom of Lake Amistad. From everything I have heard about this, it is an extremely high flow cave and is at approximately 125'. I know of several other cavers who have expressed an interest in diving there, but have yet to find anyone with direct knowledge about the location of the spring entrance, actual depth, flow, etc.

From what I have learned, this cave is probably beyond my current skill level, but that assessment comes strictly from the limited amount of reading material I have found on it. I would really like to hear from someone who might have some first hand knowldege of it. If your friends could add any information, I would greatly appreciate it.

If they do have first hand knowldege, please feel free to PM me with it rather than post it as this type of dive may be outside the training and/or experience of some divers. I'm all for sharing good dive locations, but I don't want to encourage people to exceed their limitations out of curiousity.

sounds good .I will ask around and if I find anything out I will give you a shout.
Joens

godschildohappyday:
Howdy from San Antone,at Canyon lake about 40 miles northeast of here. There is submerged a town including graves at 175 feet plus cars,boats,motorcycles,deisel engines.

Is this site something you have first hand knowledge of? I have not heard this before.....can you profide other information.

Alan, me you and Frank need to go exploring some.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom