Need help planning a dive vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar:
Yes I did forget about the liveaboard option, which then brings me to my next point..price. I know liveaboards are expensive and I'm not sure if I'm ready for all of that yet.

There's some less expensive liveaboards out there and sometimes deals. Since diving and meals are included you might find it a good deal once you add everything up, even better if you find one leaving some someplace with good airfare. For example if you take a Nekton leaving from Ft Lauderdale you'd probably save alot on airfare compared to Bonaire or many other islands.

Now that is an idea as I can get us to Ft. L for free on Southwest Airlines.

I've looked into airfare from Houston to Cozumel, California to Hawaii, Florida to Bonaire etc etc as those are all places SWA flys to in the Continental USA ...not much difference than flying out of Chicago directly to the destination.

Hmmm...the search continues.

:wink1: Dandy Don I think jepuskar wanted to plan a trip in the Caribbean. The last time I was on Roatan it was still in the Caribbean :1poke: heh heh

parrotheaddiver:
:wink1: Dandy Don I think jepuskar wanted to plan a trip in the Caribbean. The last time I was on Roatan it was still in the Caribbean :1poke: heh heh

In that this forum has been re-named to include the Bahamas- it has only lead to the confusion.

Remember what Don said- the Prince Albert wreck was boring and that there was a shore dive from Fantasy Island--- and inferred that CoCoView has no Air Conditioned rooms.

Two peculiar opinions and one flat out error.

My perceptions come from having dived with most dive ops on Roatan and having eaten at every all inclusive, having looked at every room type, and having done so for 18 years.

Yes, CoCoView does have it's fans.

RoatanMan:
In that this forum has been re-named to include the Bahamas- it has only lead to the confusion.

Remember what Don said- the Prince Albert wreck was boring and that there was a shore dive from Fantasy Island--- and inferred that CoCoView has no Air Conditioned rooms.

Two peculiar opinions and one flat out error.

My perceptions come from having dived with most dive ops on Roatan and having eaten at every all inclusive, having looked at every room type, and having done so for 18 years.

Yes, CoCoView does have it's fans.

Well that is just one mans opinion. I love that dive and have never been bored maybe I'm just easy to please,and also my room had AC and two ceiling fans it was very cold.
When you go on vacation it is all about attitute and everything ain't gonna be like home.

parrotheaddiver:
:thumb: There is only one answer. The shore diving at CoCo View is fantastic. "The Front Yard" as it is fondly called is great lots of critters and you can spend every day there and see something differant. If you venture out to CoCo View wall or Newmans wall it only gets better. Did I mention there is The Prince Albert ship sunk out there as well. All this and you haven't even stepped on a boat yet. I'm sure other posters will 2nd this destination as well. :fro: Roatanman are you out there. Help jepuskar out.
hey sis how did your trip cozymel go.

Back
Top Bottom