Need Help w/ Encyclopedia of Rec Diving CD-ROM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi...I have a problem for which I am hoping that someone can solve. I know it's not directly related to diving, but I know there are several very intelligent divers here who have this same CD-ROM program.

I just installed my PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving Workbook software and it will not allow me to sign-on as a new user. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do to fix it? I am usually pretty good at computer matters but this is puzzling!

But are you able to log into the Workbook portion of the software?

yeah that CD was just about worthless. Other then the videos, the book and the CD are word for word identicle.

There is a new version of the CD out. Make sure you have the new version which I think is 2.0. (I may be wrong) The previous version was 1.2.

bug:
yeah that CD was just about worthless. Other then the videos, the book and the CD are word for word identicle.

There is a new version of the CD out. Make sure you have the new version which I think is 2.0. (I may be wrong) The previous version was 1.2.

New version of the ERD is 1.4, workbook is 1.3.

Thank you MoonWrasse for correcting me.
I have been told that this new version works under Windows XP, whereas the old version did not.

Is it true?

Thanks!

In order to get mine to work I needed to copy some of the files manually. The installation program failed. At what point does it not allow you in? There seems to be a couple of glitches. I have the older version and it is running on XP.

All the best,
Paul

bug:
Thank you MoonWrasse for correcting me.
I have been told that this new version works under Windows XP, whereas the old version did not.

Is it true?

Thanks!

Yes, I'm running it on XP home version. There was a installation problem with quicktime, it seems it didn't like the fact I was running a more recent version than it required. That only affects the multimedia portions, and I installed the older version.

Another problem is that it doesn't utilize the full screen - it's about 1/4 the screen, which makes reading the text like reading a newspaper column. Also searching sucks, if you get multiple hits on a search, you can't preserve the search, i.e. in order to traverse the results you have to redo the search each time :frown11:
I don't think PADI understands software very well :turkey:

To sign in as a new user, enter your desired user name, hit tab, enter your desired password, hit tab, enter your desired password again, hit enter. This will bring you back to what looks like the original screen. Enter your user name and password and you will be in:). This is a little counter-intuitive and there are no directions, but it works. BTW, after using this program for a few weeks, I went out and bought the book.

jackie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom