Need help with wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dennis- no, the Monitor is not a regular stop, its deep-trimix-known for currents, a very very advanced dive. As for historic importance- U-352 (I believe the first uboat sunk in the war on our coast), Doria (I might be wrong, but I think it is the last true ocean liner to sink on our coast), The Monitor (Ironclad), Queen Anne's Revenge, Texas Tower, The USS San Diego, maybe the U-1105, USS Oriskany (even though it is a reef it is the last piece of America Senator McCain touched before becoming one of the most famous POWs). It all depends what you mean by your historic perspective...that could mean a drug runner of the CA coast, a rum runner elsewhere, revolutionary war victims, blocade runners, you get the point. The books already suggested are great for this, also look through Shipping News columns in old newspapers.
-J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom