Need Info: Merrit's Mill Pond and all the springs that go with it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheap? HA!

Cavern first($200-300), progress and see what that opens up. If I get even more interested, I'll need new gear(>$500 I'm sure), then more money for another expensive class($200-300 and I'll probably have to drive a pretty damned good ways to get to the dives and take the tests). You must be rolling in money to consider that cheap :)

I dread filling my truck with gas at the end of the week...

All jokes aside, I won't be caving anytime soon. Nearing 100 dives in all sorts of environments and I still haven't officially furthered my training past OW in even the more basic classes. I need to look into Stress/Rescue, Nitrox, Navigation, before anything else. Then I'll start looking into Cavern, we'll see about Cave and Wrecks even further down the line :crafty:

Boy... that is not a can of worms you should have opened. First, you're gonna take Cavern anyway, so I'm gonna write that off. The rest of the stuff you can rent... let's see here... for the weekend (whole class):
steel tank with H-valve: $20
cannister light: $20
second reg: $30
finding out you're about to go hugely in debt after taking your cave class: priceless.

Anyway, I'd guess you could get Intro from Cavern for $400, considering owning a set of steel doubles and a can light is at least $1500... it's a steal :D

I could get a set of doubles fairly easily, my friend was given a set and he has no intention of using them - however, they aren't exactly what I think I would need(I wanna say they are 63ci/2400psi). Using a 1/6th rule, I wouldn't be able to get far with 800psi from a 63ci tank!

Its in the future - I'll have to start playing FL Lotto now.

Mat, I am taking Cavern the last weekend of Jan. If you are interested I can see if my instructor wants another student.

I'm interested, but I need to take care of a few tickets first(ugh)...so it'll have to wait - thanks for the offer though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom