Need some good tricks for dealing with sea sickness.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another +1 for the sea bands. Pretty simple idea; A small plastic bead sits on an acupressure point that controls nausea and dizziness. I was feeding the fish on my first open water dive and bought them right after for the rest of that certification and they worked great. I just got back from training and working in Bali for 7 months and was on a boat 5 days a week for 3 dives a day. The only times I got sick were my first day diving because I couldn't remember where I packed them and once when I accidentally left them in my locker. I've even added a pair to my save a dive kit for myself or others that may need them.

Hi,
I got an advise from a cruise-ship doctor to take Pericephal ( Cinnarizin). It doesn't make you tired or dizzy like other pills but provides a better blood flow in the brain.
For me it works out fine. Try it!

A friend of mine uses a relief band it looks like a small wristwatch and it sends electronic pulses onto the underside of your wrist. we set him up with a set of Apollo bio seals to waterproof it so he puts it on before boarding the boat and never has to remove it until he leaves the boat, fits under his wetsuit and everything.

There is nothing worse then being out at sea, far from land and knowing it will be hours before the boat heads back. Found this out years ago while deep sea fishing. I was praying for the meteor to land right on me...
All the other posts I read have good advice. The one OTC pill that seems to work well is Triptone.
Lastly, I just avoid boats when I can. This is why I do a lot of shore diving and cavern diving.

Back
Top Bottom