Need some Kingston info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, last question to you guys. Are most of the wrecks worth two dives or should I keep it to one dive a wreck. Most of the people I'll have with me are first timers for this region.

Define worth? That's very subjective. IMHO, I only tend to choose 2 dives on one wreck if it's a really huge wreck that can't be seen or explored fully on one dive or there's nothing else close by. Otherwise, I think it's more fun to do two different wrecks each half day. That way, I can see which ones I like the most and you can always come back again some other time... There are so many wrecks in Kingston and they're all good. It would take many visits to see them all... :)

Its pretty much 6 of 1, a half dozen of the other. The wreck are pretty amazing, and can take numerous dives to see everything of interest and appreciate them. On the other hand there are so many interesting wrecks, that you could do many dives there and never need to see the same one twice.

Thank you again to all who responded. I got the info I need, I think. LOL :wink:

1100 for proteus or 800 for vikkie marie your call. Both very nice boats and great crews

Proteus is slightly different than the other guys. You charter them for the day. If you can do three dives you get three dives in. If your group is slow you get two dives. Proteus is a slow moving boat though. It is however big and spacious. Proteus will take 16 divers.

NTD is a two tank dive charter. Typically their boats are smaller and faster. However the Vicki Marie is also a slow boat.

You might also want to look at Ducks Dive. They are a bit off the beaten track but their boat is close to the far out wrecks

or... run farther up the road to Rockport. Two operators there with plenty of diver capacity.

Proteus is slightly different than the other guys. You charter them for the day...
...NTD is a two tank dive charter.

NTD also charters for the day. I was quoted $800 for a full day on the Sorobon recently. You can have the same divers dive all day or you could have 2 groups of divers, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I believe that is what Jimmy B was referring to in his pricing of $800 regarding NTD compared to $1100 for Proteus. I am not familiar with Proteus and can't comment on their operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom