Need tips on how to be a perfect "hostess"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thaats who the shop likes and is paying. and don't forget the little things. Happiest customers I had where a couple I sent to the local K-mart for a small cheap throw rug before their local quarry dive, kept the trunk clean and their feet of the gravel as they changed into their gear. Those kinds of tips will make people come back and BUY from YOU.

chiara once bubbled...
I tried to determine whether you're French or just living in France, couldn't come up with a convincing answer :wink:

Whatever, you should know French divers are a very special bunch of people, easily complaining and difficult about what they want, diving is no exception and I suppose that although Corsica attracts many other Europeans and possibly some non-Europeans as well, the majority must be from the Hexagone.

Coucou Chiara !! Yep, I DO live in France and I'm french. I definitely know that "french divers are a very special bunch of people". They're very difficult about what they want, as you said, but not about the right things. I mean, they're not difficult about safety matters, for example, though this would be more than normal. They'll ask you three to four times whereas your boat is speed enough to avoid getting seasick...

What THE HELL do I know ?? I don't know how much seasick they are, and so I tell them to go and buy one of those medecines because seasickness really can ruin your dive... *sigh*

@Lucid - just go find somewhere else to post, you $*cker.

Amanda once bubbled...

...and so I tell them to go and buy one of those medecines because seasickness really can ruin your dive... *sigh*

Maybe you should be a bit more careful about the things you tell them. Some advice might ruin more than one dive...
Statements like that would keep me away from your shop...

Nessie once bubbled...

Maybe you should be a bit more careful about the things you tell them. Some advice might ruin more than one dive...
Statements like that would keep me away from your shop...

I KNOW, by personal experience, a medecine with plants (called "Cocculine" in French) that works perfectly for seasickness, and travel sickness in general. It has no side effects, it's only made of plants, and it's safe for everyone.

Come on, I wouldn't give medecine I don't trust or medecine that requires medical advice !!

Hi,
okay, it´s homeopathic, so it will probably do much harm (although I doubt that anybody has done any tests under pressure :( ) (and the placebo effect will do the job :wink: ).

But do you know that cocculus (of course in a quite different concentration) was originally used as poison? (Another name for it is "fish killer")
Sorry, I am a bit allergic to statements like "it is made of plants, it would not do any harm". Some of the most powerful (and by that most risky) medicines are made of plants.

Nessie once bubbled...
Hi,
okay, it´s homeopathic, so it will probably do much harm (although I doubt that anybody has done any tests under pressure :( ) (and the placebo effect will do the job :wink: ).

But do you know that cocculus (of course in a quite different concentration) was originally used as poison? (Another name for it is "fish killer")
Sorry, I am a bit allergic to statements like "it is made of plants, it would not do any harm". Some of the most powerful (and by that most risky) medicines are made of plants.
...but as a general rule I don't recommend anything nor make ANY comments about ANY drug a student asks about. I ALWAYS just say, "I am not a medical doctor so that is a topic that you should discuss with your physician". The US is so lawsuit happy, that this is the only thing I feel comfortable doing...

I completely agree.
Even if the reason is not so much fear of a lawsuit but safety.
And recommending something just because it works fine for me is just stupid. But I still do not think that homeopathics (spell???) would do any harm (or help, but that is a different theme) . But as long as I can´t be sure - not recommendation.

Listen my uncle is a diver and a doctor, and HE was the one to recommend that thing to me.

i don't feel like sending every diver who has seasickness problems to the doctor to spend $20 just to be told - yeah, that one is OK.

Amanda once bubbled...
Listen my uncle is a diver and a doctor, and HE was the one to recommend that thing to me.

i don't feel like sending every diver who has seasickness problems to the doctor to spend $20 just to be told - yeah, that one is OK.
...unfortunately we just can't do that in the US... I am not sure what you do in your pool sessions would be legal over here either :wink:

Back
Top Bottom