Nekton Boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knavey

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I took the Rorqual on a liveaboard dive 10ish years ago. Went looking to see what was happening with them since they went bankrupt and found this.

Some web cams that appear to show the Rorqual and Pilot up in the panhandle of FL. Nice boats. Its a shame they aren't being used anymore.

Webcams

Enjoy the memories for those who dove off them.

For extra credit, which boat is in front?

It's the Pilot, you can tell by the angled arch above the pontoons...
The Rorqual was solid thru there. Photo here shows the difference:
October liveaboard specials ? Travel News - Divernet

No, but this is.

PICT0334.jpg
Is that the Aqua Cat? B.

Oh okay you're right. I don't know what I was thinking when I said Aqua Cat. The only live aboards I have done are the three day Channel Islands California boats. Mainly because I don't have to fly to get there and they are cheap thrills. Plus things get interesting at night when the liquor starts flowing:wink:.

It's so sad to see such beautiful ships sitting like that. I wonder if any operator will buy them up and put them back into service again? Mothballs should be for closets not ships. B.

Last edited:
Both boats still collecting dust and rust...WebcamImg.jpg

Both boats still collecting dust and rust...

I was a as a real fan of Nekton. My wife who gets a bit seasick looking at Shark Week, she got on one of the last charters of the Rorqual. Spent that week, happily un-seasick.

Later, we also did a week on AquaCat, and although she gave it 5*, she then reverted to plunder her Dramamine stash.

What a painful sight... nice crews, a genius designer of an owner. A real loss to the industry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom