Nekton Pilot to Cay Sal Bank August 22-29: anyone from here going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got a call from Nekton as we were literally were driving to the airport--the Medio reef trip has been cancelled due to the threat of TS Ana--they are going to let us reschedule our trip to the next week cruise to Cay Sal Bank. Bummer!

Picture34-4.png

Looks like a good move.

And now we have Bill coming up right behind it.:shakehead: Well, we will see, I guess.

Looks like Bill will veer off too. Fingers and fins crossed!

Looks like Bill will veer off too. Fingers and fins crossed!

Hi Debby, I did the NW Bahamas Itinery last year in September. The weeks before our departure, there were several hurricanes in the caribbean, but we managed to sneak out and were fortunate to have perfect weather the entire trip!

I had such a good time last year, I decided to go again. I'm scheduled to dive with them on the Nekton Pilot to Cay Sal Bank next month on September 12th. We have a group of 32 divers, including Captain Gary and Admiral Brenda!

I'm looking forward to hearing how you like the Cay Sal Bank trip, that way I know what to expect.

Have fun, and keep me posted upon your return.

Adrian

Hi Adrian, I know a few others who are booked on your trip and I tried to get on that one but the waiting list was too long. I've wanted to dive CSB for about 30 years now!!! Fingers and fins crossed that I get to do this trip, I don't want to wait! Get in touch with me after I return and I'll be happy to give you a trip report!

Cay Sal Bank is a FANTASTIC trip, you won't miss Medio at all!!! Then again, this will just give you an excuse to go back to do Medio. :wink: I'd really like to do Medio....maybe someday....I hope.

Hi Adrian, I know a few others who are booked on your trip and I tried to get on that one but the waiting list was too long. I've wanted to dive CSB for about 30 years now!!! Fingers and fins crossed that I get to do this trip, I don't want to wait! Get in touch with me after I return and I'll be happy to give you a trip report!

Debby, it's a shame you didn't get on our trip, as you would have made a fine addition to the roster!!! Perhaps next year?????

I'll check with you after you return - Have fun!!!

Adrian

Hi Debby... let me know how your trip went, as you know I was going the week before you with H2Ogal and I wasn't thinking and should have tried to get on your trip. I'm bummed!! Ladies.. let me know how it went. You'll love Cay Sal Bank, I did that itinerary a couple years back.

Theresa, I had a FANTASTIC time!!! I so wish you could have joined us. I think I made 27 dives and I think I took a couple of thousand photos and I know I took a bunch of videos. You'll wish you dove with H2Ogal because she sure can find and point out the critters!!! Once I go through my pics and get them down to a reasonable number I'd love to meet up for lunch or something and show them to you.

Theresa, I had a FANTASTIC time!!! I so wish you could have joined us. I think I made 27 dives and I think I took a couple of thousand photos and I know I took a bunch of videos. You'll wish you dove with H2Ogal because she sure can find and point out the critters!!! Once I go through my pics and get them down to a reasonable number I'd love to meet up for lunch or something and show them to you.

Debbie, I'm glad you had a nice time. Any chance you might be posting any of your picks online? I hope so, because I too would like to see some of them.

Question, what was the average/max depth of most of the dives, especially the blue holes?

Adrian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom