NELD get together - 28-Nov

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard tomorrow's supposed to be snotty, with 50kt winds.

We each went home with a gallon ziplock bag of scallops, and a couple of lobsters that were going to be donated to a charity raffle tomorrow in someone's home town.

We were in 50-70' waters, anywhere from 5-15 ft vis. Water was ~47 degrees, 1-2 ft swells early which built towards 3 with an occasional 4. Drisly to rainy the whole day, but once you're in the drysuit, who cares. Imagine the whole open area on the back of the big CAD boat covered in scallops... we dumped all the catch bags (each of us went down with 2-4 bags & floats) in the middle, and just started shucking.

Worst problem was my buddy & I not finding the bed the second dive... 25 minutes and 7 scallops to show for it.. and he was showing 4 minutes til his NDL... Shoulda surfaced earlier and gone back down, there was a good bed... (shoulda, coulda, woulda, oh well)

New guy on list looking for vicarious thrills, tall tales, incriminating photos. Did you all have a good time? Still to hungover to talk about it (or maybe you don't remember)?

Sorry I could not join you to meet some of you. The Mrs. was enjoying her birthday, and just could not be pursuaded to wander to Framingham. Hope you all had a good time.

-David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom