New 2 ScubaBoard...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDan69

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just dropped in to say hi and introduce myself.... My name is Dan and I reside in the Miami Florida area, a bit further south though.... I work for the only full service Dive Shop in Florida City....(even though the other store thinks they are one). I've been in south florida since 1985 and have spent alot of time in the water on some of the nicest wrecks and reefs around. I am still actively teaching scuba courses for both PADI and SDI programs.... Both have their good and bad points....either way I enjoy teaching and diving almost every weekend... I offer an invitation to all SWF that might be interested in joining me for a dive or two in the florida keys sometime... Until the next time.... Regards....

Hey there diverdan69,
Welcome to SB lots of good info and contact to be found here.
David

Hi diverdan69.

Welcome to the board, I hope you enjoy it. We have a lot of members from Florida and they have their own club forum here - the Florida Conch Divers. You can find it at:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

They are very active organizing stuff in your area so I should imagine it would be easy to meet lots of divers! :wink:

Hiya Dan, welcome to the neighborhood! Hope you enjoy your SI. As Kim pointed out check out the Conch divers forum, we are very active and welcome new folks to the gang. Check out the trips & happenings forum, that's where all the planned dives are posted. Any posted trip is an invitation to join the fun.
Oh, and a word of warning, watch out for that Conch, BaitedStorm. Oh, and also, the new member supplies the Rum for the next Conchfest. Do not give H2Andy any money!!:D Guess that's it!

Hi Dan, and welcome to ScubaBoard! :shades:

I know well where Florida City is. After a hard half day of plane changes, luggage handling, rental car pickup, getting lost, getting on the turnpike and headed for The Keys, I like to stop there for a leg strech, etc.

Glad to have you on with us. I'll send you information on registering for the Instructors & DMs only forum (where I hear the great parties are :) ) and if you are an Instructor - you get a neat badge on your posts.

have fun don :cowboy:

:diver: My name is Matt. Welcome to the Board! You should enjoy it here, you will find lots of information about diving. You can also meet many nice people too. Have a fun time here. and Safe Diving. :jump013:

Click here to greet a new member!
:thumb:
No experience needed and it feels great!

Hi Dan!
Welcome!

Hope you enjoy SCUBA Board, I'm sure you will have an opportunity to learn and share. I have found people to be very helpful. If I can help you feel free to contact me.

All the best,

Paul

DiverDan69:
Hello Everyone,

Just dropped in to say hi and introduce myself.... My name is Dan and I reside in the Miami Florida area, a bit further south though.... I work for the only full service Dive Shop in Florida City....(even though the other store thinks they are one). I've been in south florida since 1985 and have spent alot of time in the water on some of the nicest wrecks and reefs around. I am still actively teaching scuba courses for both PADI and SDI programs.... Both have their good and bad points....either way I enjoy teaching and diving almost every weekend... I offer an invitation to all SWF that might be interested in joining me for a dive or two in the florida keys sometime... Until the next time.... Regards....

El Orans:
Hello Dan,

if I see any SWF heading to Florida, I'll tell them to contact you. :wink:

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard!
Someone stole your greeting catchprase!!

Welcome Dan, we'll wave or stop in next time we come through.

Welcome to the board Dan. And welcome to the Florida Conchs.....Don't worry about baitedstorm.... I would watch that Jenny.... She is a wild one. Hey Jenny, you should have told him it is the Captain that is needed in the tub....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom