New Aqualung Zuma for 2013?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had a Zuma since they first came out. I take it on all my travel trips. Last year 14 weeks of travel diving, 2-3 dives per day for 7- 10 day trips. It has held up well even though it has the original thin material on the bladder.
Huge tip: Be sure if you backward roll out of the boat that the bladder is not completely full. People have had some of the bladders leak after using them awhile. It is too much stress on the bladder when you hit the water if it is full.
I love my Zuma and will get another one when I need to.
It's great is is lightweight and does not take up much room. With the airlines weight restrictions, it can be difficult to get only 50 pounds in your luggage.

Just to add on that I am a heavy traveler that loves his Zuma. I am a bigger guy so was a little concerned but it is comfortable, performs well and is easy to pack. I only have about 10 dives on it so far but it has been a star with the only problem being it struggles to handle cold water dives (9c) but as this is really asking it to perform far beyond what it is meant for I don't see it as a big negative.

So far, so good. I'm about 25 warm water dives in and I only have good things to say. In the interest of full disclosure, I upgraded to a nicer tank strap (easier to buckle) and added weight pockets there. For me, this was a transition to a back inflated BC and it has been an easy one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom