new boots.. floaty feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a thick as they make kinda guy. I hate cold feet. I always dive 7mm boots (sometimes with 3mm socks). Floaty fins may make it a bit more of a challenge in shallow pools with students doing skills. IF this is an issue for you do what I do - thin boots for the pool and as thick as they make'em for ow. :) I like twin jets and orignial jetfins - negative.

since then this is exactly what I do, wearing 3mm soft sole boots for pool and the 6.5m fourth elements for open water, as you said, doing DSD's in 1m of water is more like floating on the surface wearing the thick boots..

James.

This was evidently going to come up, I do not generally kneel when teaching open water courses, however discover scuba diving experiences when you have to have some sort of base to be able to hold them and support them, kneeling is much more ideal in this case, for me anyway

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom