New charges for Sotis (Add helium)and Emilie Voissem (Nexus Underwater)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I guess the Libyan technical dive market is wide open now. When does Dive Gear Baksheesh open for bidness?
We have some technical diving here in Libya but it is A very "emerging" market. Libya has the potential of being a hub for technical diving considering the incredible antiquities and wrecks that span pre-Roman civilizations to modern wrecks that are waiting to be discovered and documented. The various issue we have had the past several years prevent investment in the water and adventure tourism industry.

You haven’t been paying attention, lol
Ok. Maybe he shouldn’t have been charged for THAT, but arrogance isn’t a crime.

Ok. Maybe he shouldn’t have been charged for THAT, but arrogance isn’t a crime.
Threatening a federal witness is.

Name: EMILIE VOISSEM
Register Number: 20745-104
Race: White
Sex: Female
Released On: 07/22/2022

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
CASE NO. 17-CV-23749-SEITZ
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, vs.PETER SOTIS, EMILIE VOISSEM, Defendants.
TRANSCRIPT OF SENTENCING HEARING BEFORE THE HONORABLE PATRICIA A. SEITZ, UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE

) Pages 1-116
) Miami, Florida
) January 11, 2022 10:00 A.M.

Attachments

• 174 USA v SOTIS transcript sentencing hearing 1:19-cr-20693-PAS.pdf
    595.5 KB · Views: 147
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
CASE NO. 17-CV-23749-SEITZ
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, vs.PETER SOTIS, EMILIE VOISSEM, Defendants.
TRANSCRIPT OF SENTENCING HEARING BEFORE THE HONORABLE PATRICIA A. SEITZ, UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE

) Pages 1-116
) Miami, Florida
) January 11, 2022 10:00 A.M.
Interesting discussion in there: is a rebreather a submersible vessel? Can a diver equipped with a rebreather be considered as a mini-submarine without a shell?

Also:
"THE COURT (to Chapman): -- you survived. Thank you very much. Have you testified ever before?
THE WITNESS: No. Perry Mason trained me.
THE COURT: You may step down."

later:
"THE COURT: I understand that your position has been that Mr. Robotka is -- I don't want to be gross -- is a lying son of a gun, and everything that comes out of his mouth should be disregarded; and, in fact, is the equivalent of perjury.
MR. UDOLF: I wouldn't be that coarse, Judge. I would just say he's not reliable."

and:
"MR. UDOLF: [...] and the cost of the rebreathers was $39,120; of that, about $4600 would have been profit to Add Helium."
This looks like a pretty tight margin. Does it sound about right? I know that to end up with $1M in the diver industry, you are supposed to start with $2M, but for a big ticket item like that?

Witness testimonies start on p 84. Very interesting exchanges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom