New Chicken Switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mandy3206:
This is the place that the PLBs got broken in: "El Monito" 3NM NW Mona Island, this Rock is 1/5 of a mile diameter and no shore around it, waves pound the 300+ walls and it plumets to 85fsw on the shallowest part.

So so that a Lot For Sale sign I see on the bluff???:D :D :D

PaulChristenson:
So so that a Lot For Sale sign I see on the bluff???:D :D :D

Sorry Paul, it's been labeled "Bird Sanctuary" and no man is allowed to set foot on the rock (not an easy task to do, but nevertheless prohibited by law).

On the NW side, there's a ledge that may be able to be climbed in a very calm day with a high tide, but I wouldn't risk my boat near that sharp ledge any day.

I guess that the best way to get there would be via Helicopter, with lots of special and expensive permits.

Last summer, a fisherman saw on the west side a belt tied to a rock with 2 pants tied together hanging from the belt like a rope, boat remains are still at the 100 fsw bottom, wedged between 2 rocks and nobody was founded on the rock when SAR agencies came to check the rock. Nobody knows for sure what happened, since the boat remains offered no form of ID

All of this has been great. I think the hardest thing for me is the purchase (and I spent 10 years in the Coast Guard!!) and finding a place to put it. I have a "travel" BC that doesnt have a lot of room. Mandy, did that canister have a lanyard hole in it? I thought I could see one in your (wonderful) pictures. Thanks, to everyone, for the info.

All of this has been great. I think the hardest thing for me is the purchase (and I spent 10 years in the Coast Guard!!) and finding a place to put it. I have a "travel" BC that doesnt have a lot of room. Mandy, did that canister have a lanyard hole in it? I thought I could see one in your (wonderful) pictures. Thanks, to everyone, for the info.

Yep, it has a lanyard hole on the cap of the canister and a slot for 2" webbing in the lower half.
you can tread the weight belt through the slot and use a retractable or similar for the cap.
You can't put a price on your peace of mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom