New Constant Output lights from DGX!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is my biggest problem with push button lights.

The Dive Rite CX2 is nearly a perfect back up cave light, but the side button is a little too easy to press.

Yeah, that and a little too long. I really wish they had not built the USB charger into the light body. It adds just enough length to be annoying.

These, at least the 1000-8 does, have an electronic lock. Hold the button while off until you get two flashes and then it won’t come on until you hold the button for what ever the time is, 3or 4 seconds.

These, at least the 1000-8 does, have an electronic lock. Hold the button while off until you get two flashes and then it won’t come on until you hold the button for what ever the time is, 3or 4 seconds.

Thanks. Just confirmed the -6 works the same way.

I re-read the product page and don't see that info anywhere. Bit of a "shame on you, DGX."

Maybe the -6 will become my go-to light after all. We'll see. I have had lights with a similar lock function that still managed to get turned on by accident occasionally.

Thanks. Just confirmed the -6 works the same way.

I re-read the product page and don't see that info anywhere. Bit of a "shame on you, DGX."

Maybe the -6 will become my go-to light after all. We'll see. I have had lights with a similar lock function that still managed to get turned on by accident occasionally.
It’s very similar to the orca type lock with the exception being the Orca unlocks with two fast pushes which seems like a less likely to happen by accident thing.

I emailed DGX about that not being on the product info page. They emailed back, thanked me for my feedback, and they've already updated the pages for the -6 and -8 to add the Lock info.

LOL!

And of course after the evil Stuart showed us this light and I ordered it, Orca releases the ZD 710 zoomable light but it won’t be here for another week it seems :wink:
The OrcaTorch zoomable light does look pretty nice. It appears to be available at scuba.com for $128, very tempting

The OrcaTorch zoomable light does look pretty nice. It appears to be available at scuba.com for $128, very tempting
Just received it, paid about $20 more than that, 🤨

I really wish they had not built the USB charger into the light body.

For a rarely used back up light, I honestly like that feature. One less charger to carry. I'm not a huge fan of batteries with the charger built in, I broke one from a drop falling off the counter.

I'm in a bit of a bind trying to figure out which back up light to replace my CX1s with, as it is becoming apparent that the availability of even used CX1s is drying up.

Trying to find a good replacement. The CX2 is a bit long, but I do have just enough room on my harnesses to make it work. They turn on with a mode that is good for greater than 2 hours runtime, and is good enough to even scooter with. But it lacks a lock.

The DGX 1000-6 is compelling since someone mentioned it has a lock. But I wish I could program it to turn on in medium mode as default, that would give me the runtime I desire without having to remember to turn it down.

For a rarely used back up light, I honestly like that feature. One less charger to carry. I'm not a huge fan of batteries with the charger built in, I broke one from a drop falling off the counter.

I'm in a bit of a bind trying to figure out which back up light to replace my CX1s with, as it is becoming apparent that the availability of even used CX1s is drying up.

Trying to find a good replacement. The CX2 is a bit long, but I do have just enough room on my harnesses to make it work. They turn on with a mode that is good for greater than 2 hours runtime, and is good enough to even scooter with. But it lacks a lock.

The DGX 1000-6 is compelling since someone mentioned it has a lock. But I wish I could program it to turn on in medium mode as default, that would give me the runtime I desire without having to remember to turn it down.
The 1000-8 turns on to low and you cycle up, the reverse of most multi power lights and I think I like that.

Hmm... Going to be in Manhattan in a couple days. Scuba.com might be on the agenda for miscellaneous things to do,
Just received it, paid about $20 more than that, 🤨
Quick review?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom