NEW DIR Trip in Palm Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, SAILFISH!!!! Dan, you are hurting me . . .

I have been busy on new articles for SFDJ.com over the last 2 weeks, and did not really get a chance to discuss all the things we want to do with this 2nd DIR Adventure Trip. I think moving this to the end of June is the better way to plan right now, but the more of you that have some date ranges you want to suggest, the easier it will be for me to pick a good time to do this.

Diving is getting warmer almost daily now....Sandra is down to a 3 mil from her drysuit last month, and I used a pair of shorts and a shirt Sunday--and was warm !

One of my interests is doing some Sailfish photography.....and one of the Palm Beach boats said that they are interested in doing a few dives like this as well....Sailfish are plentiful very close to the Palm Beach inlet, and they are not in water any deeper than we typically dive in...in any case, you see them near the surface. The fishing boats spot them, and find them, and I think we should do this as well.
I can't be the only one doing this, so I would like a few others who would like to jump in the water with some sailfish.
Other unique dives we are planning....Sandra needs to shoot Horseshoe reef right by the Horseshoe, and Pauls Reef by the Islands....normally boats drop you so you have a 60 minute swim.tour...These would be dives where we are dropped at the principal /defining feature, and spend the whole dive just shooting it. This could sound boring to non-photographers, except that huge clouds of life swim by these areas all the time--everything will come to you...
So, it will be big on bottom time, and no one will have to be annoyed at anyone for swimming too fast :) Any of you are welcome with us on any of these dives.

As to the main DIR trip, are their any wish lists of things you guys would like to see on a dive in this hemisphere ?

I'm pretty much down with any weekend in June right now, I won't be able to dive on the weekdays though besides maybe Friday.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom