Question New Dive Family: Purchasing 2 Regulator Sets: Same Brand or Two Different Sets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious what thoughts are on two new divers purchasing reg sets for first time: IYO, is it more advantageous in any way to purchase two of the same set ups? Conversely, is purchasing two different sets to test similarities differences a good/bad thing?
Is there any chance that you (or someone in your group) will want to service your regs, yourself? If so, then learning to service one reg brand and model, acquiring the servicing tools for that reg, and keeping a service kit on-hand are all simpler if you have multiples of one reg brand and model.

ETA: Choose your (one) brand and model carefully. What kinds of diving do you anticipate doing? Choose your reg to accommodate those kinds of diving.

rx7diver

here's another vote for sticking to one brand. My wife and myself dive Atomics, and we have a bunch of reg sets. Having one type makes it easier for me to service, and I just need one set of specialty tools.

Back
Top Bottom