New Diver + New Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chrissie

Reaction score
My husband and I are taking SCUBA lessons in anticipation of a cruise in the Caribbean (provided the islands are still there at the end of October! :errrr: ) We are experienced snorkelers and already had the snorkel equipment.

We live in Maine :moose: but don't anticipate doing much diving here... (We own a seafood market and don't have much time to do anything in the summer months except work!)

We just purchased the following SCUBA equipment:

Me:
3mm Henderson Shorty
Dacor Extremelle BC
Sherwood Oasis Reg
Aqualung Octo
Sherwood CNC-3

Him:
3mm Henderson Shorty
SeaQuest Pro QD+ BC
Sherwood Oasis Reg
Aqualung Octo
Sherwood CNC-3

Did we make the right choices? Does anyone else use the same equipment? Any comments would be appreciated! :daisysmil

Thanks!
Chrissie

You did fine. Enjoy the diving.

If it fits, its comfortable, and you like it, you did very well

Looks good to me for the type of diving you will be doing. Be carefull with the shorty wetsuits, they don't protect your arms and legs from all of the stinging things you might encounter, but you should be just fine.

Enjoy yourselves!

Hi, Chrissie. I've got the same Pro QD+ BC and I like it a lot. For warm water w/ a shorty you might consider some lycra skins. they provide some protection and pack small. I've been diving the coast of Maine for 20 years all year round. Don't miss out, there's some great spots. Just get a 7mm suit and add some lead. May thru Oct. is wetsuit season. Good luck.

Ditto on the lycra skins, other than that, good choice.
And as was previously said, "Enjoy the dive."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom