New diver, want experienced buddy to dive lake lanier soon.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's still extremely cold. I dove it on Saturday and Lower Overlook was 43/42 degrees throughout. Mask Cove (west bank park) Had 4 different thermoclines, the warmest being between 0 and about 38 feet (54 degrees). A 5mm will definitely not cut it currently, you are probably looking at another month for it to be bearable in a 5mm. I was wearing a 7mm with 5/3 hooded vest and 5mm boots and 7mm coldwater mitts and still became cold. I will post the dive report later tonight.

heck that is warm for Mark.....he slathers on that creame rinse and slides into that wet suit and never looks back!

hmmm... Perhaps i could rent a 7 mil from somewhere. Just to clarify do you mean next weekend or 2 from now? (i have to request weekends off in advance)

if you are anywhere close to my size you can borrow my 7mm and the hood as long as you promise not to pee in it. I also have a 7mm shorty that goes over to make 14/7. I don't need it any more, so try it and if you like it I'll make a deal its barely used.

I'm 6' and 180 odd, it fits me good. It fit me at 6' and 208 as well, but a little tighter.

oh, I meant not to pee in the suit, not the hood! (<--- comment made before the K got there with his cracking wise lol)

im a little big for that, but with the ridiculous 85 degree weather its looking like i wont need it

One of these days I am going to bite the bullet and buy a dry suit,until then lots of cream rinse and a very thick semi dry suit. I got a lot of questions about the cream rinse down in Fla last month,what can I say,it works for me.:dork2::dork2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom