New fiction book about cavern diving: The Cavern Kings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand the difference between "hard copy and digital" and that paperback is a version of hard copy. His post said it was available in other formats on Amazon.....I do not own a Kindle but do own an iPad. I was letting him know that Amazon did not have what he said it had.
Ok, I figured that, but your wording and my lack of coffee brain got things mixed up and I wanted to clarify. If you look at his post, he stated that Amazon had the hard copy and digital copies were available on Smashwords.com. On a side note, iTunes/iBooks has it available for iPads at a cost of $7.99. I prefer just to use the Kindle app for my iPad though.

PMs sent.

---------- Post added December 20th, 2012 at 06:58 PM ----------

I've set up a fan page on FaceBook for the book if anybody's interested and uses FB. This is one of those free self promotion things you are advised to do when publishing an indie book. I'll use it to discuss the book and sequels. Hope you find it useful.

http://www.facebook.com/TheCavernKings

PMs sent.

---------- Post added December 20th, 2012 at 06:58 PM ----------

I've set up a fan page on FaceBook for the book if anybody's interested and uses FB. This is one of those free self promotion things you are advised to do when publishing an indie book. I'll use it to discuss the book and sequels. Hope you find it useful.

http://www.facebook.com/TheCavernKings

Liked.

I'd love to read it and give you a review! I have a Kindle that will be doing quite a bit of traveling with me over the holidays and it's ready for a new book!

Finished this book the other day! Overall, it was a good read and helped me through a dry spell of books recently while I hunt for other good dive books. Some minor things like how the characters seemed sort of shallow and under developed. I could never guess the protagonists age either, sometimes he seemed like a post college mentality then other times I felt like he was 16. I found it well written, if a bit simple but overall an easy, enjoyable read I would recommend to any diver or even non diver!

I am about 150 pages into it (not much down time available to read during the holidays) but it has been a pretty good book so far. I look forward to early in the new year when the parties stop and I can actually sit down and finish it.

If you need another reviewer, I would be happy to. I have a long flight to Hawaii coming up and this would be a perfect excuse.

Just bought it :blinking:
Even though I'm not a cave diver yet I love reading about caving! Looking forward to start reading it:wink:

Hi Jeff,

Good for you putting the Cavern Kings out there....maybe your biggest risk yet! Sure I will give it a read.....maybe it will take me back to the cenotes dive I made a short time ago. Sure to post a review.

Thanks,

Mitch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom