New HOG 23lb Single Tank Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been waiting for something in that size but I'm not seeing the triple mounting holes and elongated tank strap slots? How about a picture with a ruler down the center to make the design measurements of the mounting holes and cam strap slots clear.

I don't see the triple holes either and the ScubaToys web site (who is on the ball and already showing this model on their web site) says it has three sets of holes. Is the picture wrong or is ScubaToys quoting an incorrect spec?

One more question: What would the correct inflator hose length be for a this bladder on a HOG backplate without an STA? It doesn't come with one, does it?

I don't see the triple holes either and the ScubaToys web site (who is on the ball and already showing this model on their web site) says it has three sets of holes. Is the picture wrong or is ScubaToys quoting an incorrect spec?

sounds like they used the 32 lb wing specs ...my fault for not getting it up on my website...

One more question: What would the correct inflator hose length be for a this bladder on a HOG backplate without an STA? It doesn't come with one, does it?

It does come with one. I actually have been debating what length. I bought the machine to make hoses in house now so can do any length.18" would work for most not using the STA, with a STA 20-22" would be good. I am trying to decide what length of hose to ship with it to the dealers. But they can ask for any length they (or you) want

Wow!!!

That just might be the "ONE". I have an 18# I use in the summer and a 30# I use in the winter. This might be just right for both.

I like that you use the oval Halcyon type hose. Those hoses can be "short" when not in use, but can be extended. In my profile pic, you'll see a very short oval hose. Maybe 4 or 5 inches (including the inflator) extending beyond the bungee loop on my shoulder. But I can stretch it above my shoulder.
And it's RED too?

How long is the corrugated hose BTW?

corrugated is 16"

I'm seeing this with a HOG aluminum plate (I'd personally go with red), standard harness, and steel cambands as a great travel rig. Substitute std cambands and lighten it a bit more. I also see one following me home from DEMA set up as just described :D.

I'm seeing this with a HOG aluminum plate (I'd personally go with red), standard harness, and steel cambands as a great travel rig. Substitute std cambands and lighten it a bit more. I also see one following me home from DEMA set up as just described :D.

Thanks for the suggestion on Red. I just ordered one exactly like that from ScubaToys.

HOG Red Aluminum Backplate
HOG 23lb Single Tank Wing
OxyCheq Mini Single Tank Adapter (I know this was optional)
Dive Rite Basic Harness
Dive Rite 2" Crotch Strap
Using two ScubaPro SuperCinch Cams I already have.

Can't wait to get it and put it all together!

Thanks for the suggestion on Red. I just ordered one exactly like that from ScubaToys.

HOG Red Aluminum Backplate
HOG 23lb Single Tank Wing
OxyCheq Mini Single Tank Adapter (I know this was optional)
Dive Rite Basic Harness
Dive Rite 2" Crotch Strap
Using two ScubaPro SuperCinch Cams I already have.

Can't wait to get it and put it all together!

Man, my computer or the site just farted. In any case my post recommending exchanging the 2 piece Oxy mini STA for the 1 piece OXY light weight STA was deleted. I have both. The Mini is a PITA to set up. Reasons..post gone. But for 4 OZ and a couple bucks more, get the 1 piece.

Man, my computer or the site just farted. In any case my post recommending exchanging the 2 piece Oxy mini STA for the 1 piece OXY light weight STA was deleted. I have both. The Mini is a PITA to set up. Reasons..post gone. But for 4 OZ and a couple bucks more, get the 1 piece.

Are we talking about a one time PITA or an EVERY time PITA? I think ScubaToys already shipped but I can certainly ask!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom