New HOLLIS Flagship Regulator package popular with Technical AND Recreational Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNewsWire

Contributor
Reaction score
More than 35 years ago, engineers from American Underwater Products (AUP) pioneered the unique side-exhaust regulator design in the classic Omega model. Today, HOLLIS gear is taking that revolutionary concept to new levels with the 500SE second stage model which expertly brings the features of that classic regulator into today’s high-tech environment. 
Using the proven servo controlled valve design, the 500SE delivers precision airflow and unparalleled performance for both air and trimix divers. To achieve this, the HOLLIS team has perfected the original "lever-servo valve” which delivers a smooth, comfortable breathing pattern regardless of depth. 
According to David Burroughs of HOLLIS Gear, “The obvious feature of the side exhaust configuration is that bubbles don’t get in a diver’s face when they exhale. Recreational divers and especially underwater photographers will appreciate that.” 
Burroughs adds, “Technical divers have already embraced the DC7 first stage which allows them to customize the hose routing for backmount and sidemount applications. The diver can select to route their hose over either the right or left shoulder depending on cylinder placement. This versatility is one of the main advantages of the 500SE/DC7 package.” 
The 500SE/DC7 regulator package, which has been shipping since earlier this summer, is the flagship regulator in the HOLLIS line. The lightweight first stage design complements the streamlined second stage to deliver versatility, comfort and reliability with each and every dive.
Industry professionals have quickly embraced this new product. Here is a recent review from Peter Sotis of Add Helium a well-known technical diving center in Naples, Florida.  
“I had the pleasure of taking a couple of these regulators to Grand Cayman for the focus Underwater event. The first thing you notice is how light these regulators are...great for travel! Second, the design is perfect for stage and bailout configurations, not to mention side mount. After trying them out shallow, I took them down to about 150' and bailed out from my rebreather. I descended to 300' and was intentionally swimming hard against a current for over 10 minutes. This regulator delivers gas better than any other regulator I have tried at this depth. As my gas supply became limited I ascended to shallower depths and got back on my rebreather. Now this is the only regulator I carry as my bailout regulator. Great job, Hollis!”  
Additional Details about the product include: 
500SE Second Stage

• Pneumatically balanced servo valve system
  • Patented Orthodontic Mouthpiece for comfort and reduced jaw fatigue
  • Standard with 30" maxflex hose
  • Easily disassembled without the use of tools and underwater if necessary
  • Left or right positioning - no upside down
  • Boltsnap tie point
DC7 First Stage

• High performance over-balanced first stage provides progressively greater intermediate pressure as depth and gas density increases for superior gas delivery under the most extreme conditions
  • Fixed hose routing ideal for both backmount and sidemount configuration
  • Environmental sealing prevents internal corrosion, contaminants, and icing of the first stage
  • Designed to withstand the rigorous CE standard for coldwater performance
  • Nitrox compatible to 40%
  • 2 High Pressure and 4 Low Pressure ports
  • DIN/300 bar
For more details, visit the HOLLIS Gear website

13PXbld6BA0

More...

Back
Top Bottom