New Intova light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
We just got our first shipment of the new Intova Ultra Novas. This is the brightest back up light we've ever seen! We are the only shop that has them in stock at this time. But, we do have limited stock on hand right now. We are expecting a large shipment in the next few weeks. Order now! If we run out of stock, we will continue to take pre-orders.

Here's a photo of the Ultra next to a 4.7 Cree -

ultranova3.jpg

Oh, and here's a special deal. We're offering a no risk guarantee! Buy this light and dive it. If you don't like it, send it back for a full refund!

Here are more details on this great light - Intova Ultra Nova

Whats the burn time and light output change over the life of the batts? Being AA cells I would guess the burn time is limited to 5-10 Hours?
How tight is the beam? How does it compare to the UK SL3 eLed [another good back up or occasional use primary light] (if you know)?

Last edited:
These are big lights. I thought they were a bit too big to clip on a shoulder d-ring for myself. They were definitely BRIGHT for a handheld light like that. Good primary light if ya don't have a can light.

For the record, you're not the only shop that has them in stock, though. That's how I know the above was seeing them at my LDS.

These are big lights. I thought they were a bit too big to clip on a shoulder d-ring for myself. They were definitely BRIGHT for a handheld light like that. Good primary light if ya don't have a can light.

For the record, you're not the only shop that has them in stock, though. That's how I know the above was seeing them at my LDS.

So are you referring to the Ultra or the original Intova light? Have tried using it with the 'hand sock', the rig that secures it to your hand like a goodman handle? Is the LDS comparable in price? You can PM me if you don't want to publicize on original thread.

So are you referring to the Ultra or the original Intova light? Have tried using it with the 'hand sock', the rig that secures it to your hand like a goodman handle? Is the LDS comparable in price? You can PM me if you don't want to publicize on original thread.

Price I think is lower than my LDS but I wouldn't have to pay shipping. On the other hand, I'm not in the market for one. As for the hand sock, if I were to do that, I'd just use the canister light. Only reason for a traditional shape flashlight for me is to attach to shoulder strap as a back up. While this can be....just a bit large. If you don't have a can light, this would certainly make a fine primary for simple recreational diving while easier to clip/stow than the large UK C4, C8, light cannon, etc.

Whats the burn time and light output change over the life of the batts? Being AA cells I would guess the burn time is limited to 5-10 Hours?
How tight is the beam? How does it compare to the UK SL3 eLed [another good back up or occasional use primary light] (if you know)?

Click on the link for all the details we have on it so far. This light is so new we haven't had it in the water enough to test its performance. But it's pretty similar to the existing Intova lights and they dull gradually. The burn time on this light is supposed to be 10 hours. The beam is pretty tight. Can't compare to the UK SL3 as we don't sell those.

Price I think is lower than my LDS but I wouldn't have to pay shipping. On the other hand, I'm not in the market for one. As for the hand sock, if I were to do that, I'd just use the canister light. Only reason for a traditional shape flashlight for me is to attach to shoulder strap as a back up. While this can be....just a bit large. If you don't have a can light, this would certainly make a fine primary for simple recreational diving while easier to clip/stow than the large UK C4, C8, light cannon, etc.

Any order over $50 ships free, and since you're not in Florida you also don't pay tax. :D

I clipped the light to my shoulder harness on my sidemount rig and didn't even feel it there. This is a great light to use as a back up in the light sock, especially if you have to pull a reel and want to get it out of the way.

I test dove one of these for Cave Adventurers. I was very impressed by the light. It is a tight beam but in a cave and for a back up light that's what you want. I compared it with a 10w Led and I would prefer the Intova. I would not hesitate to use this as a primary light on a night dive in OW or as a primary on a cavern dive. I had this light clipped off on my harness and had no issues with its size, even spent time in small cave that day. In no way too big to be on your harness.

I test dove one of these for Cave Adventurers. I was very impressed by the light. It is a tight beam but in a cave and for a back up light that's what you want. I compared it with a 10w Led and I would prefer the Intova. I would not hesitate to use this as a primary light on a night dive in OW or as a primary on a cavern dive. I had this light clipped off on my harness and had no issues with its size, even spent time in small cave that day. In no way too big to be on your harness.

Is it wide or narrow beam?

Is it wide or narrow beam?

Sorry I said tight, guess I should have said narrow. I was getting a good 60ft of beam, pretty awesome for a light that size in a cave. I would love to try one offshore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom